Elmedia Video Player
By Eltima LLC
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution, that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
**Elmedia Player is available for Apple TV now!**
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to a native hardware accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen.
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Will play any audio track including external.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files. Supports Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Fit the image to your screen.
* Adjust the playback speed.
*Audio: mp3, m4a, wma, aac, ac3, aiff, ape, flac, mka, ogg, pcm, ra, vaw, waw, wav, aif, oga, caf, midi, mid, acm, dts, mpa, webm
*Video: 3gp, avi, mp4, mpeg, vob, flv, mov, mkv, 3iv, asf, fli, m1v, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mp2, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, mpv, mqv, nut, nuv, nsv, qt, ram, rec, rm, rmvb, ts, vcd, vfw, wmv, webm, rv, f4v, ogv, ogm, divx, asx, dat, tp, mjp, yuv, xvid, vc1, mtv, mxf, qtz, dv, hdv, 3g2, mts
*Subtitles: utf, srt, ass, smi, txt, ssa, smil, jss, rt, idx, sub, xml
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can put them in perfect sync with the video in case there is some mismatch.
* No conversion needed to play a DVD or a video that was copied from DVD.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets (Large Hall, Party, etc.) or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment in the movie or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Take the most out of virtual surround and speakers emulation.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Set up which monitor will show fullscreen;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of movie or music video continuously;
Deinterlace and image enhancement.
Elmedia can stream to different AirPlay devices and other Mac computers with Elmedia installed. Things to note:
No need to convert any files like AVI, FLV, MKV, 3GP videos to watch them on Apple TV.
Note: Elmedia Player does not stream VIDEO_TS, .swf, and .exe files.
Embedded and external subtitle files are supported by the player.
With Elmedia you can stream YouTube videos to Apple TV. YouTube videos in FLV, MKV, 3GP formats are not supported by AirPlay.
Note that AirPlay streaming in a free version is available for 2 minutes only.
Elmedia Video Player works well with Myo armband - all details at http://goo.gl/SLqbQL.
NOTE: If you updated Elmedia Video Player to Version 6.9 and did not find download option there, please contact our support team.
What's new in Version 6.9
Added: new menu items for certain functions in the Dock (play, pause, next, previous, mute, repeat, shuffle).
Added: an ability to adjust the volume with the arrow buttons.
Fixed: the "Disable screensaver while in full-screen mode" option now works only when the file is played.
Other fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Great at first...
When I first got this I was deployed and I wasn’t able to watch a lot of movies on the server. While I was there the free version that I got worked great. When I returned home and tried to use it on my AppleTV through AirPlay, it would only play for a minute then cut off saying that I had to buy the premium version. I’m not going to lie, that’s frustrating. I would love to be able to use the app with AirPlay. Other than that, it’s a really good app. I like how it keeps up where your movies are left off as well as movies that you’ve used the app on are easily referenced for watching again. My only hangup is not being able to use AirPlay....More
Works alright but
Update : The screenshots created from video’s are plagued with script errors and permissions issues . deleted screenshots and ran repair and the errors are" no more" . Never had permission issues with either of my MacBooks till using the screenshots created through Elmedia . I used to and still do take a lot of screenshots and never had permission issues till Elmedia . This app doesn’t hold a candle to VLC media player which I have and it’s free .
Incessantly , Well maybe not incessantly but has asked me several times to sign in with my Apple ID. To register the pro add on so basically if it would just leave me alone I might give it a better rating.
I have no idea why this app has any value:
So why would someone buy this app? One reason might be to be able to open a variety of video files. Look at the description. It says, “It can play pretty much any file type…” Calls itself “…an all in one solution…” and goes on to say, “.. that doesn’t call for any additional plugins or codecs.” - - I do not like this product because this claim is simply not true.
I bought this product to be able to play the variety of AVI files that I receive for work and need to play for clients in court. On the very first day, this program failed to play a perfectly working file that played fine on Windows. Thereafter, it fails time and again.
I reported the problem to support 2 months ago. No response. I then asked Apple to issue a refund. No response.
So basically, it seems a software developer can make exaggerated claims about its product that are basically false or at best, misleading, and you can’t get a refund. Be very careful.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: Free
- Category: Entertainment (Mac)
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 6.9
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Language: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Eltima LLC
- © Eltima Software
Requirements: OS X 10.7 or later
Top in-app purchases