Dungeons of Chaos REVAMPED ED.
By Volker Elzner
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
Dungeons of Chaos is a retro-style 2D RPG that takes you on an epic journey with numerous spells, skills and tactical combat to employ in order to win the battle against evil. Huge locations to explore (both unique and randomised). Totally ad-free. >20000 sold so far for both major OS together, and 4.8 star rating and a very engaged fanbase on our facebook page, where I discuss frequent updates and additions.
Favourite fan quote to date (Kristian Borcheck): "If you were a fan of Ultima 3,4,5 or games of that ilk then this game will feel like coming home"
See overwhelming iOS reviews here:
Quotes on the original version:
"Deeply immersive and a whole lot of fun, Dungeons of Chaos belongs on the iPad of any self-respecting 1980s role-playing fan." - iRumorsnow
"If Avernum and Ultima 4ish had a genius baby, this would be it." - Aldinach
"The little guy who made this game made a gem. [...] It's very fun and deep. Creating characters is the bomb. It's great!" -- anabolicMike
- retro-style RolePlayingGame (RPG) in the spirit of old classics
- vast locations to explore in a top-down 2D tile-based view
- many different character classes, spells and skills to employ. Guilds can give access to advanced classes
- rewarding quests to fulfil
- atmospheric music, and detailed lighting and line-of-sight visual mechanics
- non-linear content and exploration: many locations exist outside the main storyline, with unique monsters and treasure and secrets
- some locations are fully randomised and different each time you play (procedural content generation). Some are randomised and re-settable. And there are over 30 fixed locations supporting the main storyline.
- many rare item properties make for over 5,000,000 combinations that let your armour, weapons and accessories take on powerful bonuses
- defeat many different monsters with unique abilities and challenges. level up your characters and upgrade their abilities.
- find important NPCs to expand your skill sets, find magic books to boost your spell knowledge and improve your equipment by trading your bounty with various shop owners
- intricate fight mechanics: flanking or being flanked makes an encounter change from being easy to being dangerous, and vice versa; using the right boost/support/attack spells and skills will prove vital for survival
- control a party of 6 characters, which you can generate using 9 starter classes and unique character features
- try out different classes, experience different randomised locations, find different equipment, for great replay value
- various difficulty levels. Higher difficulty yields better loot but also much tougher enemies and game mechanics
DETAILED GAME MECHANICS, TACTICS and HINTS are available at the support website https://dungeonsofchaos.wordpress.com.
Some gameplay videos:
Dungeons of Chaos is designed to work on as many devices as possible and back to iOS6. Issues DO arise on very old devices with low memory (RAM of 256MB or less), such as iPad2 or iPad Mini or iPhone 4S and 5C if the latter run iOS 8 or 9. The game works fine on iPhone 5S,6,6S,6Plus and on newer iPads like iPadAir 1 or 2, or iPad3.
For any problems or suggestions we would love to hear from you at: [email protected] .
What's new in Version 2.1.470
- tweaked CHAAZ attack powers.
- made the ID price text reappear.
- added SHRAZKIL and CHAAZ combo-bosses. and spectral wolves as supporting summon. This boss-combo is a rare ch3 spawn somewhere. The creator opted not to disclose where (they are NOT where the lizards are).
- redesigned demonic warriors (if you are flanked by three, their attacks are now devastatingly coordinated)
- fixed a nasty bug that made non-boss monsters be treated like bosses and make others flee when they die. which can cause chaos lord fight to end without a kill for example.
- added HAVOC, the boss cat. With a suitable unique (and fixed since 2.1.400) loot drop (don’t miss the high threshold attack styles). He is rather nasty if you are not prepared for being crit-hit with cutting edge claws. So be warned and don’t open that door in the warlock’s main hall that he is sitting behind…
- made the chromatic lindworm a notch nastier
- fixed some spelling errors
- ZOMOK’s ARENA (late-game super tough arena, 7 challenges some with multiple waves, unlocked via Zomok’s pets lever and a second ghost-related step): contains three new unique boss dragons, and new attack types
- fixed angered allies from regarding other monsters as their boss
- increased chaos item return rate for stash and inventory (chaos chests)
This developer is amazing
I keep wanting to play this game, but since it’s constantly being patched and upgraded, I never can start the game. Can’t wait til see the end product!!!
For a game that is updated weekly...
...you’d think it would have iPhone X support by now.
A trip back
Like the old days with really nice enhancements to make life a little less tedious than the old days. Nice design should keep those who enjoy the old Ultima type games with a nice helping of engaging nostalgia.
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $5.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 10, 2018
- Version: 2.1.470
- Size: 130 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Volker Elzner
- © 2014 and 2016/17 Volker Elzner
Requirements: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.