New File Menu
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
New File Menu allows you to create new files quickly via the Finder context menu.
New File Menu is simply the coolest way to create a new file on the Mac OS X platform, you can right click in any Finder window to create a new file! You can even right click on the desktop to create your files!
Important: New File Menu is implemented as a Finder extension, you need to enable "New File Menu Extension" in "System Preferences » Extensions" to make the context menu appear.
- Right click in any Finder window to create a new file
- Over 30 built-in file templates (please enable the templates you need in the New File Menu Preferences)
- Custom templates are supported, New File Menu is able to create virtually any kind of document
- Path extension is appended automatically
- A sound is played on file creation finish
- The newly created file is revealed in Finder
- You can chose to open the newly created file automatically by enabling the "Open file on creation finish" option in the preferences
* Built-in File Types
- Plain text document
- Rich text document
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- iWork '08 / iWork '09 (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- OpenOffice / LibreOffice documents (Text, Spreadsheet, Presentation, Drawing)
- Scripts (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Many other kinds of documents
Q: I can't find the context menu to create a new file?
A: Please make sure that you've enabled "New File Menu Extension" in "System Preferences » Extensions", and make sure that you've added the specific location to New File Menu preferences.
If the problem persists, please disable "New File Menu Extension" in "System Preferences » Extensions" and then enable it again. The last resort is to relaunch Finder or restart your computer.
Q: There is no file templates available, what can I do?
A: Please remove the "~/Library/Group Containers/85P8ZUTQL8.net.langui.NewFileMenu/Templates" folder and relaunch New File Menu, then the folder should be recreated. (Do remember to backup any important data in the folder before removing it.)
Q: Is it possible to add the context menu to mounted volumes?
A: Yes. You need to add the volumes to New File Menu preferences first.
Q: How to hide New File Menu from the Dock?
A: Please simply quit New File Menu, the context menu extension will continue to work.
Q: Is it possible to make the save panel appear faster?
A: Please enable the "Keep the helper app running in the background" option in the New File Menu preferences, so that the app launching process is skipped.
Should you have any further questions, please visit https://langui.net/new-file-menu/ and leave a message.
What's new in Version 1.3.1
• Fix compatibility issue for external drives (USB)...More
Does what is says
Money well spent.
Right-click context menu from desktop or finder window has “New File” item similar to “New” item in MS Windows Explorer.
App Store screenshot (as of July-2017) seems to be from an earlier version. Version 1.3.1 addresses the issue raised by it’s raining here (from 2016) - the initial context menu now has one item for “New File” which expands to invite creation of different file types.
I created this review by right-clicking my desktop to create a Word document to check spelling and grammar before copying into the review page.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: £1.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: 02 April 2017
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Langui.net
- © 2015–2017 Langui.net
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor