Gifox – Gif Recording & Shari…
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated gifs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It's your best companion for:
- Micro-screencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective on-screen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it's moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
- Pixel-sharp selection with accurate margins
- Only selected window without any overlaps
- With or without window shadow
- With or without desktop background
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control your recording and output.
- Record fps
- Playback fps
- Window shadow
- Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over output quality and file size.
- Palette generation
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts, which can be customised in preferences.
- Cmd+Shift+5 initiates/stops free selection mode recording
- Cmd+Shift+6 initiates/stops window mode recording
Easily share your recordings with Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur, copy or drag-and-drop them to other apps! Support for more great services underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
What's new in Version 1.5.0
Yet another big update that introduces reworked and improved selection mechanism with a whole new range of shortcuts and focus on stability. It also drops legacy OS X Yosemite support, which opens doors for more improvements and features. As always, you can stay up-to-date with the latest development progress at @gifoxapp on Twitter.
- Most importantly… New! Red! Record! Button! Just like it should have been from the start!
- New selection aspect ratio control can automatically restore previous selection when selector gets open in area mode.
- Existing selection is preserved when switching from window to area mode.
- New shortcuts for moving and resizing selection, stopping recording and more! Check them out and adjust in preferences.
- Smoother and more stable selection experience with better anchor points and cursor handling. See if you feel the difference!
- Selection toolset is now available for window selection mode too! Yes!
- Smarter toolset alignment when it gets too close to screen edges or crosses them.
- Handsome app is already running message will appear when opening multiple Gifox instances.
- Improved preferences layout and animations.
- Selection origin displayed upside down y-coordinate.
- Extreme CPU usage when cancelling recording with all frame palette compression.
- Recorded GIFs appear badly garbled when using downscaling with palette for every frame compression.
- Marching ants selection is now correctly displayed across multiple screens.
- Crash when viewing quick help in selection toolset and preferences in OS X El Capitan.
No reviews yet
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $4.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 30, 2017
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 15.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: InteractiveWorks
- Copyright © InteractiveWorks. All rights reserved.
Requirements: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor