Gemini 2: The Duplicate Finder
By MacPaw Inc.
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Free up tons of disk space with Gemini 2. It finds duplicate and similar files in every corner of your Mac, including Photos, iTunes, and even external drives. And with the Smart Selection algorithm, you can trust Gemini to remove duplicates correctly and safely.
Gemini 2: The Duplicate File Finder is brought to you by the team behind CleanMyMac 3. Removing clutter and recovering disk space are our specialty, so we made a duplicate cleaner that does both like a pro. Get yourself Gemini 2 and you will...
Free up gigabytes of storage space:
* Find duplicate files of any kind: pics, music, docs, you name it
* Identify duplicate folders, too
* Delete duplicates on external drives and network volumes
* Remove duplicates in cloud storage like Google Drive and Dropbox
Organize your music and photos:
* Find duplicate photos in your Photos library
* Detect pictures that are similar, but not identical
* Spot iTunes duplicates
* Find similar music in iTunes (files that differ only by format or bit rate)
Save time picking out duplicate files:
* Trust Gemini to autoselect the copies and keep the originals intact
* See how similar files differ with the help of handy icons
* Add your own Smart Selection rules, like deleting the duplicates that are older
Never lose an important file by mistake:
* If you removed the wrong duplicate, put it back in a click
* Exclude certain files and folders from scan
* Move duplicates to a separate folder or onto a USB drive
* Replace copies with hardlinks to save space without deleting the files
Make finding duplicates less of a drag:
* Enjoy the sleek space-themed design
* Have fun with wacky achievements and ranks
* See if you can spot the Easter Egg!
And if you’re wondering what tech reviews say about Gemini 2, wonder no more: we’ve gathered some of them below.
“I’ve been an active user of MacPaw’s Gemini software since its inception, and Gemini 2’s release today has made me fall in love with it all over again. In just the initial scan, Gemini 2 found more files and more places where I could intelligently clear and save space on my Mac.”
“If you want to clean up your Mac, but are trepidatious about digging around in your files and accidentally deleting something important, Gemini 2 has a lot to offer and makes the whole process very simple.”
“With Gemini 2 there’s little reason to fear duplicates. It has a polished, intuitive user interface and the brains to differentiate copies from originals by testing them against nearly a dozen different parameters. It’s also much faster, especially compared to digging through thousands of files and folders the old-fashioned way.”
What's new in Version 2.4.3
[Fixed] Multiple minor improvements and known issue fixed....More
You get what you pay for
I tried one of the $0.99 duplicate removal products and it was totally worthless. It only found about 170 photos. I re-ran it and it found the same 170 after it supposedly deleted them. I cold go on so gave this a go. Loe the flexibility and choices it offers ……..and it really works. Is it worth the price? For me it was. YMMV.
I can’t believe how many duplicate files and photos I have on my hard drive. Gemini2 makes it vvery easy to not only view the dupes, but also to choose where you want the one remaining file to be stored. It’s a great task to tackle on a cold afternoon, and it feels great to clean up all the junk you’ve accumulated over the years. Great app!
Great app but needs a bit of improvement
I’ve been able to clean my computer from those files I have just thrown into a portable hard drive. The only issue is that I need to rescan several times in order to detect all duplicates.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $19.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 2.4.3
- Size: 35.5 MB
- Language: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: MacPaw Inc.
- © MacPaw Inc.
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor