By Salavat Khanov
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
The most powerful and the fastest content blocker, used by over a million people on iOS and Mac. Essential app for anyone who uses Safari.
Unlike other adblock apps, we can't see what sites you visit and track you. That’s because 1Blocker is a native Safari content blocker, not a shady VPN server. We are supported entirely by our users, there’s no “acceptable ads” program.
LOVED BY CUSTOMERS
1Blocker has been featured in The New York Times, TechCrunch, and many more.
• “I like 1Blocker enough that I’ve stopped thinking about blockers.” - John Gruber, Daring Fireball.
• “Switched from Ghostery to 1Blocker for macOS Safari, which uses the fast new content-blocking API, and it seems noticeably faster.” - Marco Arment.
• “Does exactly what you want it to do, and the customer support is fantastic. Highly recommended ad blocker.”
WHY DO YOU NEED 1BLOCKER
- Block annoying ads (adblock) -
Ads have become a total disaster on websites by ruining the browsing experience. No one likes to see ads that pop over the entire screen.
- Save battery, data and time -
Independent tests by Wirecutter, NY Times, and BrooksReview confirm that 1Blocker cuts data loaded by sites on average by over 50%.
- Protect yourself online -
Many corporations track your behavior and what sites you visit. Online ads are not safe and may serve you malware even on major sites like Forbes and Yahoo.
- Improve your productivity -
Besides ads, webpages often contain distracting elements (like “You Might Also Like” and subscription boxes) that disturb your work flow and productivity.
1Blocker comes with almost 50 000 built-in blocker rules. It is very configurable.
• Block ads, trackers and other annoyances. Make browsing over 2x faster.
• Tap to hide any annoying content with our visual editor.
• Support sites you love by whitelisting them.
• Create your own custom blocker rules (hide elements, block sites and cookies).
• All your settings are synced over iCloud.
1Blocker is also available for iOS in the App Store.
HOW IS 1BLOCKER BETTER THAN OTHERS
We believe 1Blocker is better than anything else available. Here is why:
• We don’t make deals with advertisers.
• We don’t and technically can’t track our users.
• We have no customer data to sell.
• We are bootstrapped and self-funded. No investors. Made by a tiny two-person team.
While most other adblock apps block content by filtering elements of an already downloaded page, 1Blocker uses native Safari content blocker technology (API) to tell Safari in advance what should be blocked. This vastly improves efficiency, doesn’t slow down Safari, and saves battery life.
WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU
Send your feedback at @1BlockerApp on Twitter or email [email protected]
Our mission is to give you all the tools to make Safari browsing fast, safe and productive for you.
Happy Safari browsing, friend! You are going to like surfing the web again.
What's new in Version 1.4.1
Hello again, friends!
By popular request, 1Blocker now blocks cryptocurrency mining scripts which significantly drain resources on your Mac by executing code in background. Recent reports found out that thousands of websites contain these mining scripts and we recommend enabling Block Trackers category in 1Blocker to ensure your Mac is not affected.
As usual, this version also contains an updated blocker list with fixes and improvements for issues on some websites you've reported. Make sure to manually launch the app after updating to the latest version to have new rules applied in Safari.
If something’s not working right, you have an idea you’d like to share, or you just want to say hello, contact us anytime on Twitter at @1BlockerApp.
If you enjoy using 1Blocker, please leave a nice review here on the App Store. We read everything and it means a world to us. Thank you!
Blocker with nice UI and low processor overhead.
I use 1blocker on both iOS and Mac. Works great in both places. In fact, I see much less “anti-adblock” notifications than I did with uBlock in chrome, which I consider the most comparable blocker.
With 1Blocker, a VPN, and a DNS service that won’t immediately sell out on you (google’s public DNS is probably fine for this), you can surf the web more securely and not generate sweet data which will be sold to highest bidder.
Great work, Salavat and Rinat.
My only note for developers, it’s not clear how often the ads lists updates but I wish they could update in the background outside an actual app update.
Hi, it does not sync custom rules with my phone at least for now, WKErrorDomain 2. Also it would be extremely nice to have support of AdBlock format and to import rules from file. For now this is more less useless for me even with Premium.
After some time spent on testing I discovered that any customizations given by Premium do not work at all even when syncing the file manually via file app or adding custom CSS rule on the phone or tablet or desktop or whatever way. Please fix or refund, the app is useless now.
Good but some flaws
1. Whitelisting a site with the button in Safari just shows an endless spinner
2. It does not mention you need to restart Safari for the extension to appear when installing it the first time
3. No way to export out the whitelist
4. Preferences window is too big, useless, make it a menu item.
5. Too expensive on Mac, make it same price as iOS
6. Needs to be able to whitelist whole TLDs like .gov
7. Add to whitelist should include subdomains by default, make this a preference!
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $9.99
- Category: Productivity (Mac)
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Salavat Khanov
- © Salavat Khanov
Requirements: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor