AdGuard Pro — adblock&privacy
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
AdGuard Pro gives you more than just ad blocking in Safari!
With AdGuard Pro you can select different DNS service providers, which opens new possibilities: faster and more reliable internet access both for Wi-Fi and cellular connections, parental control, protection from phishing and malware and shielding your DNS traffic against interception and snooping. All this on top of the excellent ad blocking in Safari, which is already proved to be of an unrivaled quality by the free AdGuard for iOS version.
Highly customizable AdGuard Pro will make your web surfing safe and fast!
NOTE: if you are using Pro version, there is no need to keep regular AdGuard app on your device.
AdGuard Pro is not just a Content Blocker - it has much more to offer:
- Firewall. Use AdGuard's ability to set up any custom DNS profile to shape your browsing the way you like. Select one of the tested and trusted preconfigured profiles like OpenDNS or Google Public DNS, or set up any of your own. Mind that this requires setting up a fake VPN, but your outgoing traffic is not being routed through any remote server.
- Parental control - some DNS providers offer configurations that will protect your children from adult content on the web, often backed up with protection against malicious websites. Use AdGuard Pro to set up one of them and shield your kids from the inappropriate materials online.
- Flexible configuration. Request log allows you to easily track all DNS requests and blacklist anything you don't want to see; vice versa, add to the whitelist any requests you think are unjustly blocked by your current DNS provider.
As AdGuard Pro uses a VPN profile to be able to change DNS settings, it may have compatibility issues with some other VPN-based apps. List of such known apps:
- HotSpot Shield
- Ad blocking in Safari. Blocks any kinds of ads; more than 50 (!) various filters are at your service. So say goodbye to annoying stuff like banners, video ads, popups and such.
- Includes popular adblock filter subscriptions - EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Fanboy's Annoyances, Malware Domains. Which means double protection both by these and AdGuard own filters.
- Regional and other filters. AdGuard is the first ad blocker that allows you to use language-specific filters. Which means you can visit websites in different languages - they still will be filtered.
- Blocking of trackers and social widgets. Special filters block all the counters and trackers to protect your privacy and remove excessive social media buttons.
- Speed acceleration. AdGuard removes tons of rubbish from the web. And clean pages open faster, you know.
We develop AdGuard products for various platforms. For more than 6 years AdGuard helps all its users enjoy the Internet the way it should be - safe and clean.
What's new in Version 1.3.3
Celebrating Christmas and New Year with 50% off on our app! The discount is valid until January 7.
ATTENTION! Make sure to turn off "PRO mode" switch inside DNS Settings before updating to avoid potential problems.
The new version makes a strong emphasis on improving the Content blocker part of AdGuard Pro. Renovated Assistant and the new “Invert whitelist” option are the headliners of this update. Few pesky bugs have been eliminated too.
2 stars… too intransparent, too buggy
This app does NOT give you an option to remove the VPN profile if you decide not to use the DNS service. You'll have to delete the app to delete the profile… that's rather intransparent.
What's even worse is that it completely cripples my iPhone after a reboot, apps will not open past the splashscreen, Wi-Fi will not connect (settings app freezes when i tap "Wi-Fi"). When I disable the DNS service inside AdGuard, turn on flight mode, then turn on Wi-Fi, only THEN my phone becomes responsive again when using a cellular connection.
Using the AdGuard DNS service will use ~10MB a month, which is beyond my understanding seeing as AdGuard Pro will only create a "local" tunnel and not route traffic through servers. The app either still updates filters on cellular (even though I turned that off) or sends/receives high amount of data when using the DNS service. The more I switch between Wi-Fi and cellular, the higher the cellular data usage of the app. Why?
After months of false tries with other ad-blocking apps, AdGuard Pro has finally killed the pesky app advertisements on my iPhone and iPad. Keyword: App. Most ad-blocking apps will tell you that they will block advertisements in Safari. That’s easy! AdGuard will block advertisements also in the innumerable apps you have loaded on your devices! It took a few instructions from the help desk to get it done, but now that they are in place they work beautifully.
Has been working great for me!
As I’ve learned more on how to use the features I’ve liked this app more and more. I find there are websites that want you to click thru updated preferences before they will let you go on to the site or have an annoying banner blocking part of the page. Really helps with this! So glad I purchased AdGuard Pro!
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $1.99
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 12, 2017
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Language: English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Performix
- © Performix LLC
Requirements: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).