By Gentlemen Coders
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
Make your best shots even better with RAW Power™. RAW Power unlocks the power of Apple's RAW engine with simple, easy-to-use controls. Use it as an editing extension inside Apple Photos, or as a standalone, non-destructive RAW photo editor.
If you loved Aperture's advanced RAW processing adjustments, you'll feel right at home with RAW Power. Using adjustments like Boost, previously only available in Aperture, you can improve your images in ways that simply can't be done in any other application. RAW Power takes advantage of RAW processing improvements in macOS Sierra.
- Extends Apple's Photos app for macOS Sierra and High Sierra
- Extensive camera support via Apple's RAW Camera Updates (list at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207049 [Sierra] and https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207972 [High Sierra])
- Control over Apple's Boost filter to achieve unparalleled highlight recovery
- Real-time control of all of Apple's RAW engine, including Noise Reduction, and Black Point, RAW Sharpen, Gamut Mapping and more
- Hot Pixels Overlay with Clipping Indicators
- Fully non-destructive editing, with all changes stored in a sidecar file
- Customizable Presets and Copy / Paste of adjustments
- Camera Presets allow you to automatically create a starting point for each camera model
- Advanced Curves adjustment with Auto Curves, Linear and Lab modes
- Crop and Straighten (improved in 1.2)
- *NEW* Depth Adjustment for improving photos with the iOS Depth Effect (requires iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra)
- Recovery slider for targeted control over highlights
- White Balance sampling
- Luminance-oriented Sharpen
- All sliders are real-time and GPU accelerated
- Highlights, Shadows, Vibrancy and more
- Support for hundreds of RAW cameras
- Images are displayed the same way as in Photos, Aperture, or iPhoto
- Supports iPhone RAW images and other DNGs as well (DJI and a few other cameras excluded).
- Also works with JPEGs, TIFFs, and other image formats
- Video Tutorials on YouTube (on the Gentlemen Coders channel)
Requires macOS 10.12.2 or later.
What's new in Version 1.3.2
Added GPU Compatibility preference to handle artifacts with some GPUs in High Sierra....More
Very useful program with a glaring omission
I use ACR and Photoshop CS6 for RAW conversion and Bridge as my cataloging program. I will never buy into Adobe’s subscription program. I bought this program as insurance against not being able to run CS6 in a future Mac OS version and on the basis of reviews here and elsewhere. I cannot honestly tell if its any “better or worse” than ACR/PS in terms of the quality of processed RAWs which are all from my D800E and are very clean to begin with. I’ll continue to try its capabilities, but I’m not quite comfortable in it yet.
I believe the program has one glaring omission - It allows the user to adjust the background behind the image from default black all the way to white, but the background of the controls area is all black and can’t be changed. I HATE to work on a black screen. It’s childish and appeals to people who have no experience in graphic design. PLEASE include the option of varying that background! If the window size of the program is less than full screen, all the controls cannot be seen. There is no way to scroll the area to reveal controls toward the bottom. The entire window must be enlarged to see them! Not good. Additionally, the boxes and slider controls in that area are very “un-Mac like” and are inelegant and crude looking.
You get what you pay for. It’s pretty good at decoding fuji files - no worms. But at the same time, the abilities to push files to any sort of limits is too limited to be of much use beyond adding some extra functionality to Photos.
DNG!!! Make it able to export DNG files and you’ve got a HUGE winner.
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $14.99
- Category: Photography (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gentlemen Coders
- © 2016-2017, Gentlemen Coders, LLC
Requirements: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor