By South Pole Software
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
iVI is the best way to get your video into iTunes or Plex and the prior version was one of highest rated video converters in the App Store with 1700 five star ratings (US) since its introduction.
iVI will automatically identify TV Shows and Movies and add poster artwork, film plot or episode details, cast lists and more. iVI will format the video for all Apple platforms automatically including Mac, AppleTV, iPad, iPhone and iPod. iVI supports HD video (including 4k, 1080p and 720p), surround sound, multiple audio tracks (for various languages) and subtitles too.
Supported video formats include h.265, AVI, MKV, MTS, M2TS, FLV, AVCHD, MOD, TOD, MTS, M2TS, 3GP, MP4, MPG and most other popular formats.
Features include -
• Converts all video to play on all Apple devices including iTunes, Apple TV and iPhone
• Convert to h265/HEVC for iOS 11 and High Sierra
• Movie and TV Show information is automatically and added to your shows before they are placed in iTunes
• iVI will convert multiple audio channels from the file including various languages and surround sound and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Hardware accelerated super fast video conversion
• iVI supports SRT, VobSub, PGS, SSA/ASS subtitles from the source file or external files and these are accessible from iTunes, Quicktime, Apple TV, iPhone etc.
• Subtitles can be downloaded and added automatically from Internet sources like OpenSubtitles and SubDB
• iVI can scan your folders at regular intervals and automatically convert files it finds and insert the video into iTunes
• iVI allows you to update your existing video files with information (meta-data) such as show descriptions, cast lists, poster art all for display in iTunes or from the desktop without the need to reconvert
• iVI provides a selection of poster art to choose
• Add you own devices as you purchase them
• PLEASE NOTE : iVI will not convert files protected with DRM or import DVDs. Please ensure you own the files you convert with iVI
What's new in Version 4.364
This new version of iVI has a completely new system for managing its preference settings. Please report any issues you see when setting preferences to [email protected] and we'll take care of them right away. Thank you in advance for your help.
• New more reliable preference system
• Open Subtitles now works with TV Shows in addition to Movies
• Added button to queue window to allow files waiting for conversion to be moved back to the main window
• iVI lists the audio tracks to be included in a conversion on its list view
• Added option to include Year in Movie Folder name
• Improved French and German translations
• Much improved EyeTV support
• Various bug fixes
Needs IMDB Integration
Works good, if a little slow with conversion. The biggest draw back is getting the right movie selected when the title has numerous “remakes”. Selecting different titles when available takes as much as a minute or two even with the fastest network connection and computer. Adding in the lack of intergration with IMDB is quite painful, especially when running into the more obscure movies that are not in the Movie/TV databases that the application has intergrations with. Needs access to more TV/Movie databases!...More
Must Have App for adding/tagging video and importing into iTunes
I’ve used iV since it first appeared. Not all video needs will be serviced by streaming services. If you want to build a video library and use iTunes to manage it then buying iVI is a no brainer.
— iVI works in combination with Handbreak. Use Handbreak to rip a DVD/Bluray then import into iTunes using iVI.
— If you collect movies or TV shows from across the internet, then iVI will look up metadata, apply, get cover art, and import into iTunes. For TV shows it will use a consistent naming convention.
— This new version, iVI 4, has an easier-to-use interface. You can click on the type of Apple device you want to play video on and it will convert in the approrpiate resolution.
Handy dandy…and great developer support
I mistakenly downloded the previous version of this app and the developer assisted me in getting the most current version (4).
App does everything it says and it is very efficient….no complaints at all. money well spent
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $19.99
- Category: Video (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 07, 2017
- Version: 4.364
- Size: 65.2 MB
- Language: English, French, German
- Seller: South Pole Software
- © 2016 Southpole Software
Requirements: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor