ChatMate for Facebook
By Bastian Roessler
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
ChatMate for Facebook is the latest member of the ChatMate family and the best app for using Facebook Messenger on your Mac.
Only with ChatMate for Facebook you can send and receive voice messages, photos, videos, documents and Emojis.
It is the must have app for any Facebook Messenger user with a Mac!
These unique features can only be found in ChatMate for Facebook:
• Send and receive text messages, voice messages, photos, videos and Emojis
• Record videos and photos directly in app and share them with your friends
• Save received images, videos and documents to your Mac
• "Dark Mode": With a beautiful layout dominated by dark colors ChatMate for Facebook will be easy on your eyes
• "Do not disturb Mode": disables all notifications with a single click
• "Privacy Mode": Automatically locks ChatMate for Facebook with a password or Touch ID after a user selected idle time
• "Stealth Mode": Prevents others from peaking into your conversations
• Choose from more than 20 different notification sounds
• Choose a custom chat window wallpaper image
• Full Touch Bar integration
• Share Extension: Share photos, videos, documents, text and webpages from directly from any source app (including Finder, Safari, Photos and more...)
• Polished Mac style user interface
• Integrates seamlessly into your Mac workflow
• Option to hide the dock icon (run the App seamlessly in the background)
• Open the App window with a customizable keyboard shortcut at any time
• Option to show a MenuBar icon (in the upper right corner of the display, where the clock is)
• Customization options for the notifications (show/hide sender and message preview)
• Option to automatically launch the App after logging in to your Mac
• Use drag and drop to send media (also from Apple Fotos App)
• Reply to incoming messages right from the message notification
• Show unread message count in Dock icon badge
• Show new unread message alert in MenuBar
• Play videos inside the App
• App window supports full screen and split screen mode
• Standalone Application. No need to have a Web Browser window open to write Facebook messages
• Optimized for minimum CPU and Memory footprint using latest Swift 3 technology
We have answered the most frequent questions in an FAQ, which you can reach at https://chatmate.io/faq
For further support, feature requests, bug reports or anything else, please eMail to [email protected]
We'll be happy to assist you!
ChatMate for Facebook is a third party App. The developer of this software is NOT sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook Inc. in any way.
What's new in Version 4.2.2
This update concentrates on optimisations of the app, which is now based on the brand new Swift 4 technology. But we have also added new features:
• Added option to keep the window "always on top". Use the "Window" menu option and choose "Always on top" to activate this feature.
• Vastly improved support for Retina Displays.
• Full compatibility with macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
Needs Restart Frequently
This program looks and works great. But if you don’t use it for a while, you can’t see even your old messages (except for the one showing when you open it). You must restart it to see the latest messages, as well as the ones already viewed. This is not a major issue, as it restarts quickly.
Why do my drafts disappear
I start typing a message, get several lines written, then get distracted — called away from my computer, or need to answer an urgent email. When I come back to finish typing and send — poof! — my message is gone. Why doesn’t it just stay there and wait for me, like it does every other app?
Provides a good, attractive interface to the FB Messenger. Works as it should and doesn’t crash. I recommend it.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $0.99
- Category: Social Networking (Mac)
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Language: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Bastian Roessler
- © 2017 Bastian Roessler
Requirements: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor