By Codeux Software, LLC
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Textual is the world's most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on OS X.
First appearing in 2010, Textual has since evolved and matured into the top IRC client for OS X; relied on and trusted by thousands of people.
• Textual includes two elegantly designed dark and light variants of the user interface which have been refined all the way down to the very last pixel.
• Textual supports very powerful modern technologies such as native IPv6, the latest IRCv3 specifications, client-side certificate authentication, and much, much more in an easy to navigate, clutter free environment.
Privacy is valued
• Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
• Textual takes customization to the next level with styles created using well documented, open web standards in addition to addons built using a multitude of programming languages such as AppleScript, Objective-C, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, and Swift.
Textual also includes…
• Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
• Auto-completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
• Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
• Built in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
• Growl and native Notification Center support
• Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
• Inline nickname colorization
• Per-channel notification controls
• Powerful ZNC integration for power users
• Powerful filters that can perform commands in response to input
• Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
• Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
• Rich array of keyboard shortcuts
• SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
• Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
• Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
• Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
• Viewing multiple channels at the same time
• iCloud support for syncing connections and preferences
…and much, much more!
See https://www.codeux.com/ for more information
What's new in Version 7.0.6
-------------------- Changes in 7.0.6 --------------------
[CHANGED] Updated the Blowfish Encryption addon to include the latest version of LibreSSL.
[CHANGED] Updated the Blowfish Encryption addon to hook into a new decryption endpoint.
[FIXED] Fixed Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging negotiation messages not being ignored when posted inside a channel.
-------------------- Changes in 7.0.5 --------------------
[NEW] Added preference to Interface section of Preference that allows multiple channels to be viewed left to right, instead of top to bottom.
[FIXED] Fixed inability to read or write preferences on macOS High Sierra.
[FIXED] Fixed trial expired message appearing even after Textual was purchased.
-------------------- Changes in 7.0.4 --------------------
[NEW] The style “Sulaco” authored by Ryan Grove has been added to the list of default styles.
-------------------- Changes in 7.0.3 --------------------
The new dynamic buffer feature improves memory use by limiting how many messages are visible in the scrollback. While scrolled to the bottom, no more than two hundred messages will ever be visible in the scrollback. More messages (up to 30,000) can then be revealed by scrolling upward.
By default, Textual will keep a record of 15,000 messages per-channel that are accessible by scrolling upward.
This limit can be increased up to 30,000 or lowered to low as 1,000 in the Style section of Preferences.
Some custom styles will not work correctly with this feature without modification.
To view modifications that need to be made, see this web page: https://is.gd/qIrcpz
[NEW] Added a “Current Session” marker to indicate where messages from the previous session end.
[NEW] Added “Jump to Present” action to Navigation menu which can be activated using the keyboard shortcut Control Command B. This action jumps the scrollback to the most recent message.
[NEW] Added “Jump to Current Session” action to Navigation menu which can be assigned a keyboard shortcut. This action jumps the scrollback to the “Current Session” marker.
[NEW] Added “Only play back messages you missed” preference to the ZNC Bouncer section of Server Properties. This preference, which is enabled by default, controls whether the entire playback buffer or only the parts you missed are played back when the playback module is installed.
[CHANGED] Connection names are no longer forced uppercase when Textual is running on OS X Yosemite or later.
[CHANGED] Connections now gracefully disconnect when your Mac goes to sleep even if the preference “Perform reconnect when waking from sleep” is disabled.
[CHANGED] Textual will now wait for images to be 100% loaded before they are shown inline with chat.
[FIXED] Fixed scrollbars appearing invisible (plain white).
[FIXED] Fixed a crash that may occur when iCloud syncing was enabled.
[FIXED] Fixed inability to save trust for a self-signed certificate.
[FIXED] Fixed incorrect description for TLS 1.3 cipher suites.
[FIXED] Fixed new messages not appearing when received while Textual is hidden or miniaturized.
[FIXED] Fixed a lock appearing next to private messages that are not encrypted.
[FIXED] Fixed notifications appearing for the ZNC playback buffer when disabled.
Previous version no longer works
Using Textual 6 and it connects to servers but when trying to join rooms the app freezes.
Are they trying to force us to update and pay again?
Version 6 users stay away!
Can’t run Textual 6 now on both of my macs after installing Textual 7 forcing me to pay for this unneeded upgrade.
If you have version 6 and are happy with it stay away!
Forcing unneeded upgrade
I was using textual 6 and I was happy with it. Now the app freezes. Looks like they are forcing the upgrade as other people have mentioned. Greedy devs. Stay away!
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: Free
- Category: Social Networking (Mac)
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 7.0.6
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Codeux Software, LLC
- © Codeux Software, LLC
Requirements: OS X 10.9.5 or later, 64-bit processor
Top in-app purchases
- Free TrialFree
- Upgrade from v6$4.99
- Standard Edition$7.99
- Upgrade from v6 (free)Free