By Literature & Latte
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
Typewriter. Corkboard. Scrapbook. Scrivener combines all the writing tools you need to craft your first draft, from nascent notion to final full stop.
“The biggest software advance for writers since the word processor.”
- Best-selling novelist Michael Marshall Smith
GROW YOUR MANUSCRIPT YOUR WAY
Tailor-made for creating long manuscripts, Scrivener lets you break up your writing into sections as small or large as you like. At its heart is a simple ring-binder metaphor—gather material and switch between writing, notes and research with ease. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Compose your text in any order you want—write when inspiration strikes and find its place later.
SEE THE FOREST *OR* THE TREES
Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way: hammer out every last detail before typing a word, or carve out a draft and restructure later. Or do a bit of both. All text sections in Scrivener are integrated with an easy-to-use project outline, so working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a click away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
RESEARCH WITHIN REACH
Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand, and you can open it right alongside what you’re working on. Write a description based on a photograph. Transcribe an interview. Or check for consistency against an earlier chapter.
GETTING IT OUT THERE
Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, turn your manuscript into a beautiful ebook or PDF, export to Word, or simply print it out. You can even share using different formatting, so that you can write in your favorite font and still keep your editor happy.
Scrivener’s users include best-selling novelists, screenwriters, students, academics, lawyers, journalists and translators. It won’t tell you how to write—it just provides everything you need to start writing and keep writing.
• Project templates for novels, scripts, essays and more
• Import many different types of file
• Easily split imported text into separate sections
• Familiar writing and formatting tools
• Easily switch between working on small sections, chapters and the whole manuscript
• Styles support
• Distraction-free full-screen mode
• Scriptwriting mode for screenplays, stage plays, comic scripts and more
• Live word count
• Mark up text with comments
• Footnote support
• Keep “snapshots” of older versions of your writing
• Name generator
• MathType support
• Set writing targets
• Track your writing history
• Automatic backups
Find Your Structure
• Write in any order and reorganize later
• Assign a synopsis to any section, then work with an overview of your manuscript in the outliner
• Plot your ideas using the corkboard
• Track different threads using labels
• Fast project-wide search
• Apply custom icons to your sections
• Use document templates for new sections (e.g. character sheets in novels)
Refer to Research
• Import research—images, web pages, PDF files and more
• View research files or other sections alongside your writing
• Transcribe audio files
Get it Out There
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Export to Word
• Print or create PDF files
• Create Epub and Kindle files
• Export to Final Draft
• Supports MultiMarkdown and LaTeX export
• Convert rich text to Markdown
• Sync with our iOS version (available separately)
Introduction and Tutorial Videos:
We have a whole heap of testimonials from published authors—see our testimonials page at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/testimonials to read what they have to say.
Email: [email protected]
What's new in Version 3.0.1
• Numerous minor enhancements and bug fixes to Compile.
• ePub 3 and KF8 formats now support underlines without needing to use styles.
• ePub 3 and KF8 now support the “Transformations” options pane in Compile for converting italics to underlines (and vice versa) and converting smart punctuation to dumb punctuation.
• You can now set images inserted using the $img tag to use a percentage size in ebooks using the new “ebook” placeholder tag (see Help > List of All Placeholders… for details).
• Tabbed windows are now restored when Scrivener is reopened (and Quick Reference panels remember their tabbed states per-project).
• When loading a Copyholder by Option-dropping, if you hold down Option at the start of the drag in the binder, the Copyholder will now get the focus. (Only hold down Option on drop to leave the focus as it was.)
• Either Option or Command can now be used to open comments in a popover instead of the Inspector (since Option-clicks do not work on all systems).
• Added option to turn off border to current line highlight.
• If any Preferences Themes are saved, a “Themes” submenu now appears in the “Scrivener” menu, allowing you to switch between themes more easily.
• There are now more options available when saving a Preferences theme. It is now possible, for instance, to save a theme that only affects Composition mode colours, or a theme that affects everything else except Composition mode colours.
• Full width labels in the binder no longer span the entire width of the binder, but are indented and more like the Scrivener 2 labels.
• When Ctrl-clicking on the Trash folder in the binder, a minimal menu is now shown that includes “Empty Trash…”.
• When opening the tutorial project, Scrivener will now prompt you to update it if there is a newer version of the tutorial available. (This will take effect for future tutorial updates.)
• Added a “Convert Markdown” option to Import & Split, which converts all Markdown to rich text for the imported documents.
• When a group higher up in the hierarchy determines the “Structure-Based” Section Type via its “Default Subdocument Type” setting, this is now indicated in brackets after “Structure-Based” in the menu.
• It is now possible to make the main window narrower when there is no vertical split.
• Many, many refinements and bug fixes.
No reviews yet
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: £43.99
- Category: Productivity (Mac)
- Updated: 22 December 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Literature & Latte
- © Literature & Latte Ltd
Requirements: macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor