Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's new in Version 8.13
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- General performance and reliability improvements.
Waste of time
I run the most recent version on my iPhone and it crashes whenever I am called by a group. My mic will cut out randomly, and sometimes the chats won’t load until I close out skype a few times. Only reason I like this more than discord is the clearer screen sharing(assuming that didn’t freeze on me or crash the app) and the themed layouts look cleaner(just wish they ran cleaner).
So I was recently advised here to reach Skype’s “Tech Support” team. It was the first thing I tried before writing this review, but I received vague answers and lost my patience honestly. I still run skype on my laptop(I admit the video and screenshares are clearer) and on other computers and devices in the house. Just iPhone app is the only one that doesn’t seem to work-whether on my iPhone or the rest of my family’s iPhones. Heck, I use skype on my iPad just fine. So if you’re getting the iPhone version? I suggest waiting for the bugs to clear out.
New update? So much for the bugs clearing out. Half the time I am STILL not getting calls properly, AND NOW my conversations do not update on my phone until I turn on my computer, log in there, and wait 30 minutes for them to show on my phone. I’ve relogged, uninstalled, and reinstalled this app so many times already: Skype is considerably better on the computer. Stick to it.
Was fine... then they updated it
I have had almost no problems with Skype other than the fact that if you send a text outside of Skype on iOS it doesn’t actually send until you get in the app. Well that all changed when the January update came. I have had some many problems with Skype recently it’s almost like it has a seizure when I try to do something. I try to open a chat menu and it goes back to chat, I try to send a message and it sends one with the last letter missing then another with it there. Not to mention the entire admin system in a chat going into a home and being buried. It no longer works just like the rest of the app. I have had Skype for over 3 years and I have had more problems now then all of the rest combined over those three years. If you don’t want to live with regret over you choice of downloading then don’t download Skype until it gets updated....More
this is ridiculous. i have been using skype for so long, and i never thought this stupid update would ever arrive. the layout is horrific and tries so hard to mimic social media apps. the highlights make no sense! if i wanted to show my friends what i am up to, i’d message them. which is what skype is for!!! at least what it’s supposed to be for. i can barely call my friends and family because of how many options there are in the app running behind. i can’t understand anything! i liked how skype wasn’t being modified to fit today’s standards in apps, but this is it. not to mention, skype wouldn’t even let me in my account until i updated the app! i’m super disappointed with the app and microsoft team. every update they claim that they’ve listened to our feedback and response and make corrections, but it’s always small fixes. we don’t want small fixes! we want the whole app to be fixed! my notifications don’t even show up. how do i talk to my friends!??! this is skype for crying out loud!!! i might as well move back to hangouts, which i never wanted to resort to. really disappointing. bye, skype....More
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: Free
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 11, 2018
- Version: 8.13
- Size: 101 MB
- Language: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Requirements: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top in-app purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99