iNet Network Scanner
By BananaGlue GmbH
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
iNet - explore your network!
Find out about security risks and keep your network under control. This easy to use App outlines a computer network even to the unexperienced user. Is somebody using your network without your knowledge? Which devices are currently online? Which access ports are open? Which services are offered? What is the IP of your router? Wake sleeping devices remotely. Add own icons to found devices ...
iNet provides you with information about networks and devices your Mac is connected to. Its very easy and user friendly design even allows the unexperienced user to get a profound and understandable overview of a network, the running services and the Wi-Fi quality.
In the current version the following functions are available:
• Network Scanner
• Bonjour Browser
• Portscan for standard ports
• Airport Monitor*
• Wake on Lan
• Help section
We did our best to develop a solution that makes network observing as simple as possible. Wether you are a network expert or a common user - iNet provides the information you need to find out what's going on in your network.
• See all devices that are online and connected to a network, along with vendor, IP and MAC addresses
• Assign your own names and icons or choose from the provided icons for easier identifying a device in the scan list. Most Mac devices are displayed with their original icon.
• Set scan range and interface to scan
• Export scan results in csv format
• Connect to devices via different protocols
• Detect all running Bonjour services realtime
• Detect running services on a discrete device
• Detailed information about a service
• Choose the active Bonjour domain for observing
* • Attention for users of the latest 2013 Airport edition with 802.11ac: Because SNMP support has been disabled iNet cannot retrieve the usage statistics and wifi strength any more with these models. All other features of iNet are working properly. The following Airport monitoring features can only be used with models prior to the 802.11ac:
• See the current condition of Apple Airport base stations like Airport express or Time Capsule
• Monitor network traffic on Airport devices
• Find detailed information about your Airport base stations like MAC address, IP's, used channels and so on
• See the connection quality of the connected wifi clients in realtime
Wake on Lan:
• Wake devices remotely in your local network or via internet
• Put devices remotely to sleep, shutdown or restart (Macintosh only)
• Add devices to favorites
• Send commands via ssh to devices
• Minimal system required for WOL: OS X 10.7
• Extensive help section
• Dictionary of used terms
We will add modules in the future like traceroute and more. iNet is also available for iPhone and for iPad.
What's new in Version 2.4.5
[Added] Display of external IP in network overview
[Added] Correct scaling of own added icons
[Updated] Databases of Manufacturers, Bonjour Services and Ports
[Fixed] Some code enhancements
Please help us to convince Apple to allow to access MAC addresses for network apps on iOS - sign the petition: https://www.change.org/p/apple-save-networking-tools-on-ios-11
Used to Be Super Handy- Now Non-Functional
This app used to be just super handy, but now (OS v10.13.2) it just hangs and doesn't work. Poking around the forums, etc. to try to see what's up, it just looks like it's a widespread problem. I'm not sure if the company is not maintaining it or what, but I would caution against buying it until you start seeing more recent reviews that contradict this one.
Super useful app, but a memory leak?
I still use this app so often and it works very well, and it works quickly. However, the other day I left it opened and forgot about it and closed my mac, by the time I opened my mac (maxed out late 2013 15' mbp) I had a warning message from Mac OS which I hadn’t seen since the OS 9 days telling me my computer was out of memory. I checked activity monitor and iNet had managed to use a startling near 64 Gigabytes of memory (I’m guessing compressiong and swap space allowed for this one). So please check this out BananaGlue....More
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $14.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 14, 2017
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 71.0 MB
- Language: English, German, Spanish
- Seller: BananaGlue GmbH
- © BananaGlue GmbH
Requirements: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor