By BoHoon Kim
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
KPlayer is the video playback app. If 'H.264 Hardware Acceleration' is supported, it can play 720p, 1080p video files better smoothly.¹ Also it can enjoy a movie in the concise interface with the high-quality subtitles that are displayed quickly.
• 'H.264 Hardware Acceleration' support¹
• 'Aspect Ratio Settings' support
• 'Skip' support
• 'Subtitles' (Sandbox²)
- It supports SMI, SRT type.
- Ruby tag is also available.
- Subtitles are displayed in real time even if it searches the playback position through the time slider.
- If it opens the video (file_name), it searches the subtitles (named like these) at the first step found.
▹ (file_name or file_name*) at the same folder
▹ (file_name or file_name*) at ‘F where’/KPlayer
▹ Only if it opens the BDMV's folder, (folder_name or folder_name*) at ‘F where’/KPlayer
• 'Playlist' (Sandbox²)
- If it opens ‘video files', it is automatically made up of video files that have similar names in the same folder.
- If it opens 'folders', it is automatically made up of all playable video files in the folder. (Not depth)
- It can change the order of video files to drag it.
- It automatically saves and reuses folder-playlists, the most recent file-playlist, final playback status for each file in the playlist.
• 'Playback Speed Settings'
- It is currently supported only at 'Native' mode.
• 'Continued Playing'
- It replays the most recently opened video file if it clicks the play button/menu after running KPlayer.
• 'Move to Trash’
- It moves video files that were playing to the end and its subtitle files to Trash.
• Playable Types³
- 'Native' mode: M4V, MP4, MOV.
- 'FFmpeg' mode: M4V, MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, RMVB, M2TS, TP, TS, TRP.
It can get more detail informations about these features at "KPlayer Support".
1. H.264 Hardware Acceleration
- It requires GPU; NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, GeForce 320M, GeForce GT 330M, ATI HD Radeon GFX, Intel HD Graphics and others.
- It seems that macOS 10.9 or later requires more power of GPU. So, in case of old model’s GPU (for example, ’NVIDIA GeForce 9400M’) this feature works well only at 'Native' mode.
- At 'Native' mode, it requires M4V, MP4 or MOV types encoded in H.264 and AAC/ALAC
- At 'FFmpeg' mode, it requires the video encoded in H.264.
- If the video track was encoded in settings that the macOS doesn't support, it may not be supported.
- If it is not supported, playback and navigating may not be smooth according to the cpu. (especially when it plays 1080p)
- If it opens not 'folders' but ‘video files' and these ‘files’ are not in the following folder or its subfolders; ‘F where' place in 'Preferences’,
- it should open the same-named subtitle files manually,
- and it doesn't support the feature that playlist is automatically made up of the similar-named video files.
3. Playable Types
- ‘m2ts' files that are contained in 'BDMV' will be automatically added to the playlist when it opens the BDMV’s folder. (For example, if DSK/BDMV, please open the ‘DSK’ folder.)
- It doesn't support the playback of a protected video file.
- The video file encoded in 'YUV420P' pixel format can be played normally at any mode.
- ‘YUV420P 10-bit’, 'YUV444P 10-bit' pixel formats can be played only at 'FFmpeg' mode.
※ KPlayer uses some dynamic libraries of 'FFmpeg' licensed under the LGPLv2.1. It can get more informations at 'http://ffmpeg.org'.
What's new in Version 1.5.6
Improved compatibility for ruby tag....More
It have problem to open srt files , I open my srt files on a different app ,they didn’t have any problem so i wish dear bohoon kim, correction your app . thanks for your great app
No funcona bien
Extremadamente lento en la carga
Imagen saltta constantemente
El video se congela constantemente
Lo he ejecutado en iMac Retina y MacBook Pro 2015…en ambos sucede lo mismo
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $3.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 1.5.6
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Language: English, Korean
- Seller: BoHoon Kim
- © 2010-2017 BoHoon Kim
Requirements: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor