Get Backup Pro
By Belight Software, ltd
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
50% OFF - Limited Time Special
IMPORTANT: The App Store version of Get Backup Pro doesn't have a disc cloning feature or "Use administrator privileges" option.
There are plenty of causes of data loss, including human error and the dreaded hard drive crash. But, whatever the reason, don't let your files fall victim. Get Backup Pro is a powerful utility for creating encrypted backups, and synchronizing folders or computers… All of the right tools to keep your data safe!
● Choose from full, incremental, and versioned backups.
● Encrypt backups using one of four encryption standards (AES-128, AES-256, Blowfish, Triple DES) to further protect sensitive data.
● Compress backups to save disk space.
● Back up to CD/DVD, locally mounted devices, or network volumes.
● Drag and drop templates for Address Book, Mail, iTunes, and Documents right to your backup project.
● Break large backups into volumes for easier storage on DVDs and online services.
● Restore backups on any computer without the help of Get Backup.
● Synchronize two folders (or computers) locally or over a network (one-way and two-way).
What's new in Version 2.6.1
Fixed the problem with opening backup project content via View Content button....More
Synch feature is very useful
I was looking for an app that could use to synch folders. I store pictures from my camera card to dropbox. Synch feature is perfect. It remembers folders on the card and in dropbox for the next time I use it. When I take some more pictures, I plug in the card, open the app and press synch, It puts only the new pictures on dropbox. I know my setup is arcane, but I’ve got a $1200 Nikon SLR that takes superb pictures and it has no wireless capability, so this is my compromise.
I am running OS X Yosemite on a Macbook Pro.
I also used this successfully to back up to a western digitial MyCloud network drive.
I must say the user interface for backing up is rather obtuse. It took me a while to figure out how to specify a ramcard as the source for backup. I downgraded one star because of the user interface.
Needs a update
I have been using the product to do backups to a networked Drobo 5N and that works fine.
However you need to update the app pre defined backups for the new photos productand any other changes apple makes in its products.
It would be nice to have a way to download these updates as add on features without having to do a complete update of the application.
like a menu item “Check for new pre defined backups"
I find this works well for quick backups that you define yourself better then some of the other more complicated applications on the market.
Don’t bother if you backup to a network drive
I bougt this product to backup to my Western DIgital myCloud drive. You find out very quickly that this product does not support network backup except to iCloud. Very disappointed.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $9.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English, German
- Seller: Belight Software, ltd
- © 2014 Belight Software, Ltd
Requirements: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor