Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Convert any PDF or graphic file into searchable PDF, RTF, HTML and TXT with the fastest OCR for Mac! OCRKit is a simple and streamlined Mac application, that features advanced Optical Character Recognition technology, allowing you to convert scanned or printed documents into searchable and editable text.
You need to extract information from a scanned document in an email or created by DTP applications? It can be a great help for everyone: home users, corporate users at work, translators and educational institutions.
Simply run OCRKit on the document, and copy and paste the result where you need it. Stop retyping everything manually and save time and money by increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of your workflow.
OCRKit is fast and accurate, ensuring the document's content remains intact while saving time as well.
• Fastest OCR made for Mac
• High text recognition accuracy
• Instant content searchable thru Spotlight
• Highly compressed PDF
• Automatic rotation and de-skew
• Color detection
• Multi page processing without page limits
• Drag and drop functionality
• AppleScript support
• Many supported recognition languages
File formats that can be imported:
PDF, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, PNM, BMP, PCX, GIF as well as OpenEXR.
File formats that can be saved:
PDF (Portable Document Format), HTML (HyperText Markup Language), RTF (Rich Text Format) and TXT (UTF-8 encoded plain text).
To directly scan from a scanner, you may also find our ExactScan application helpful.
The OCR engine recognizes the following languages:
Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Rumanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian.
What's new in Version 17.9
• improved OCR recognition accuracy and performance
• fixed processing certain PDF files
• various other improvements
Reading Magic, and improved
the text recognition has improved. Multiple upgrades. If your home needs are for document scan to PDF and OCR for archive and text extraction, this is your fast and friendly helper. Right Price for the product and features. No muss, no fuss.
= = = = = = = = = = = = =
Simple, Drag and Drop.
I scan papers at home for simple extraction of information. This is for record keeping and archive. I am NOT in the business of taking another page and deconstructing for publishing. I just want the text.
It will convert a dot COM to CORN (lower case). Similarly, the OCR will add spaces to URLs. No real big deal. Some aspect of misinterpretation / reading has to do with the quality of the original and the scan resolution.
For straight up conversions, 5-7 page are accomplished in seconds. Using a MacBookAir, Intel Core i5, 1.7 GHz Memory: 8 GB
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $29.99
- Category: Productivity (Mac)
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 17.9
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: ExactCODE
- © Copyright 2009-2017 ExactCODE GmbH
Requirements: OS X 10.6.6 or later