By C-Command Software, LLC
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, it works smoothly with your other favorite Mac applications.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
What's new in Version 1.8.2
- Tag names can now contain spaces, which improves interoperability with Finder tags. The Search Query Syntax has been updated to support using quotation marks around tag names with spaces.
- Adjusted the way tag auto-completion works so that it's easier to enter new tags whose initial characters are similar to existing tags but differ in case or diacritics. Previously, the system would sometimes alter the initial characters that you had typed, making certain strings impossible enter by typing (though you could paste them).
- The system **Share** toolbar button is once again supported.
- Updated the following sections of the manual:
- How can I rebuild a library?
- How do Finder tags work with EagleFiler?
- Importing Mail From Apple Mail
- EagleFiler no longer tries to import iCloud Drive temporary files.
- Updated to version 1.3.8 of the SkimNotes framework.
- The section names in the source list are no longer in all caps, to match the current system apps.
- Renamed the **To/Cc** search scope to **Any Recipient**.
- Worked around a bug that could cause text in the records list to be unreadably condensed (with overlapping letters) when doing a search.
- Worked around a bug where the paperclip icon for e-mail attachments didn't always respond to clicks. Instead, the attachment names are now clickable.
- Worked around an issue that could prevent ejecting an encrypted library.
- Fixed a bug where "Reply to Message" would use the From address instead of the Reply-To address.
- Fixed a bug where a misleading error message would be presented if a secure connection could not be made to the software update server.
- Fixed a bug where pressing Command-Delete while editing text in the records list would move the selected record to the trash instead of deleting the text to the beginning of the cell.
- Modernized some font selection code.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We'd really appreciate it.
trouble with app store version; download fixed it
The version downloaded from app store refused to open, but I was able to download directly from the website to get things working again.
Tags with Spaces!
Woo hoo, tag can finally have spaces!
I haven’t tested it yet, but the app shoud finally play nicely with my existing files (which was a major annoyance for me in the last version).
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $39.99
- Category: Productivity (Mac)
- Updated: Jan 08, 2018
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English, French, German, Korean
- Seller: C-Command Software, LLC
- © 2018 C-Command Software
Requirements: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor