By Asar Corporation
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
The best BPM tapper for the Mac.
Work your way through your entire iTunes music library with astonishing speed, or tap out songs as they come up with minimal disruption to your workflow.
Let Turnover help generate playlists in specific BPM ranges for fixed-tempo workouts, including 180 steps-per-minute playlists for efficient running.
FAST AND EFFICIENT
- Full-featured iTunes controller.
- Work through playlists without ever switching to iTunes.
- Tap, save, jump well into the next track, and keep on tapping. It's that simple.
Turnover allows you to tap out the BPM for entire playlists with nothing more than continuous taps of the Return key. And rather than having to wait for each new track to get going, Turnover can automatically jump ahead so you can continue tapping without interruption.
TAP AS NEEDED
- Supports notifications when the currently playing song has a missing or unconfirmed BPM.
- Global hotkey to activate Turnover.
Once notified, hit your global hotkey, tap out the BPM, and let Turnover bring you right back whence you came. A few brief taps and you'll be right back at the task at hand.
- Optionally ignore BPM values guesstimated by beat analysis software.
- Rules to manage playlists.
- Various notification mechanisms, including Growl.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for mouse-free operation.
- Immediate detection of tapping errors, never a need to wait or "reset" tapping.
- Built-in metronome, allowing for the fine adjustment of BPM playback
- Several musical instrument “tap” sounds to choose from.
TURNOVER… UH, WHAT'S THAT?
An avid runner, the author of this software needed a tool to help build playlists in the 180 BPM range, a cadence, or rate of turnover, deemed most efficient for running. With thousands of songs to contend with, and existing BPM tappers not quite up to the challenge, this project was born. So if you're looking to "improve your turnover", this is the perfect tool to help you build the necessary playlists.
What's new in Version 1.5
- Added support for half star ratings in iTunes
- Added option to make main window floating
Perfect for MANUALLY tagging songs with BPM
[UPDATED REVIEW 2016-06-07] Best way to manually tap BPM and save to iTunes. I still use it for every new song. Super easy to use, and an excellent floating player now.
Please Do Not give this app poor ratings because it doesn’t do automatic detection of beats per minute!
It is designed to do MANUAL beat-tapping; not automatic BPM detection (there are plenty of other apps to do that; none consistently well for all genres). [still true as of 2016 none of the automated BPM apps work very well except for music with a really obvious beat, like EDM] This app is for users who prefer to rate BPM manually, and Turnover has the best interface and mix of features for the job.
[DONE] 1. support for iTunes optional half-star ratings (for users who have it enabled in iTunes),
[DONE] 2. option to float the app window over all, keeping it on top of iTunes.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $3.99
- Category: Music (Mac)
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Asar Corporation
- © 2011-2016 Asar Corporation
Requirements: OS X 10.6.6 or later