By Facebook, Inc.
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's new in Version 148.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!...More
Not easy to join Facebook in 2018!
I’ve tried to join Facebook a few times this month but each time I do my account gets disabled within a few hours. Which is frustrating because I spend hours setting things up the way I want just to get locked out. It asks me to provide a selfie, which I do, then my account gets completely disabled! I submit an appeal via the online form provided and upload several government IDs. Today my account was turned back on for a few minutes but then it locked me out again asking for yet another selfie. If my experience is like many others I’ve read online, my account will just get disabled again and I’ll have to continue repeating the cycle. I’ve read blogs about people having to upload selfie’s and IDs several times a month! Review process takes days or weeks. Many users have the same issue of being repeatedly locked out, asked to provide selfies, upload IDs, then being disabled. I used to have an account (which I deleted) and I remember being able to use the platform daily for years with never any issues, repeat verifications or interruptions in service. ******There’s something seriously flawed with Facebook‘s (new?) automated security algorithms****** and they make it impossible to talk to an actual human employee. I’m literally just trying to join the platform. It’s a shame that Facebook controls how connected we are with the world. They have a complete monopoly and are now making it very difficult for people to join and keep their accounts....More
Facebooks messenger app is a pointless application—everyone already has free text messaging and pays for cell phone service, so why create a new application (for things like virtual yard sale) and ask for permissions to text and call? I find it absolutely absurd that I have to download an app to view messages from a web based platform. (No I DO NOT have the FB app, thank you.). Not only that but the two rarely communicate efficiently. After you check messages in the app, FB profile will still show a messages notification. On top of that every time you use it asks for notifications to be turned on (why? When FB should be notifying you?) and asking for permission for microphone and camera. The app drains battery power when you do have notifications turned on especially in group chats—pinging every time there is a new comment. I’m not sure what a good use for this app is—it should be reintegrated back into Facebook and allow users to check messages from the web based platform....More
The Good, The Bad, and The Annoying
• Just about everyone I know has FB and therefore some form of Messenger. Super handy!
• We are a military family who has lived abroad for several years. I love that I can call friends and family through the app
• I love that I can share and receive pictures, videos, and even some documents so easily through the app
The Bad (and kind of infuriating):
• For all the talk of how we have choice with privacy, I do NOT understand why I can’t turn off the little green dot when I’m active (even if I toggle off the “chat” - my son and I tested it)!
• To go along with my complaint above, WHY is it anyone’s business how long ago I was active? This should be a choice. Apps like WhatsApp give users this freedom to choose.
• Dear Facebook Messenger, you are NOT Snapchat. Please stop trying to be Snapchat. If I wanted to have filters and things in my way every time I want to take a picture. Then I’d use Snapchat. You’re trying to be like them isn’t competition - it’s annoying. The people who want Messenger stay with Messenger. Please stop.
• I am confused about why the feature to pay/send/receive money is available in some accounts and devices and not all. You might be a pretty good competitor to PayPal of the feature were available to all.
So...there you have it: The Good, The Bad, and the Annoying
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: Free
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 10, 2018
- Version: 148.0
- Size: 239 MB
- Language: Apple Watch: Yes
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.