Yoink - Improved Drag and Drop
By Matthias Gansrigler
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
The app has been repeatedly featured by on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the files and resume the drag from Yoink's window more comfortably.
For a quick video introduction, further information and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility for macOS" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"Yoink makes drag and drop easier." - Dan Frakes, Macworld
"Yoink really makes the whole drag and drop process much less stressful." - Whitson Gordon, lifehacker.com
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at [email protected], or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
What's new in Version 3.4
- Add your clipboard's contents to Yoink
(either via Yoink's Advanced button at the lower left or by long-pressing its keyboard shortcut - see Yoink's Behavior preferences to set it up)
- Long-press Yoink's keyboard shortcut to recall previously removed files now also works if Yoink's window is already shown
- Preference for long-pressing Yoink's keyboard shortcut: "Bring back previously removed files" or "Add from clipboard"
- PopClip Integration: If you have PopClip by PilotMoon installed, you can now use it to send selected text to Yoink (open Yoink's Advanced preferences to install the plugin)
UPDATE: please visit https://blog.eternalstorms.at/2017/10/03/fix-for-yoink-3-4s-popclip-integration/
- Improved compatibility with Horos app
- Improved compatibility with JPEGmini
- Improved compatibility with macOS High Sierra's Messages and Mail apps
- Improved compatibility with Parallels
- Improved compatibility with ForkLift
- Improved compatibility with Keka
- When you log out of your Mac and have Yoink hidden, it will also hide when you launch it after the next login
- Improved Yoink's Korean localization in some places
- Improved Yoink's Share extension for URLs/links for macOS El Capitan and earlier
- Fixed Yoink's menu bar icon's menu's "Bring back previously removed files" behaving erratically
- Yoink doesn't keep fading out anymore when bringing back files when Yoink isn't holding any files
- Fixed a crash when opening Yoink's About window on some MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models
- Fixed a bug in macOS High Sierra where a drag sometimes would result in a selection of files in Yoink instead of a drag
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
You're cordially invited to visit my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at) or to follow me on twitter (@YoinkApp & @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
I'm also providing a newsletter, which you can sign-up to at https://eternalstorms.at/newsletter
Thank you kindly,
Best image utility ever used!
As a long-time Mac user (since 1986) I have tried nearly every image utility app out there to help me get my job done. The apps I stick with are simple and perform exactly how you would expect. That is why I use Yoink. I use it dozens of times per day to share screen-shots with team members and between apps. It also has this amazing feature that allows you to move multiple images all at once with a single click. I’ve been using Yoink for years because it works! As a software product manager, Yoink is one of those “must have” apps that saves me time every single day....More
Great app! Perfect name!
This works really well if you have a cluttered desktop and/or fullscreen apps open all the time like I do. It works well in any other situation, too. The name says it all where it “yoinks” almost any file to a position on your screen just waiting to be dragged elsewhere. The beauty of this app is that it frees your mouse for navigation. It also works across multiple, virtual screens (including fullscreen apps). I’ve read other reviews and believe that this is an app you never knew you needed until you use it and can’t live without it....More
Used it for years and never regreatted it
I’ve used Yoink for several years now and it’s really an app that I take for granted. Recently it stopped working as expected and I had to get some help from the developer. That was a truly pleasant experience. He advised what I should do [restart finder] and it worked. He responded quickly, was pleasant and asked for a review – literally the least that I could do for an app that has never let me down.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $6.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Oct 03, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2011-2017, Eternal Storms Software
Requirements: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor