By Coding Turtle
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
You should encrypt your files to keep them safe from prying eyes. This is especially important when sending files to other Macs over untrusted email, instant messaging, and cloud-based services.
Scrambler is a simple, secure, and robust encryption app for the Mac. All you have to do is this:
1. Drag a file on Scrambler's icon in the menu bar
2. Type a password
To decrypt a scrambled file, just drag it back on Scrambler and type in the same password.
• You can also drag folders, or a collection of files and folders, on Scrambler — they will be encrypted into a single scrambled file
• The recipients of your scrambled files do not necessarily have to purchase Scrambler — they can download a free “decrypt-only” version of the app called Descrambler, also available on the Mac App Store
• You can configure Scrambler to automatically delete the original item(s) after encryption/decryption
• All icons, artwork, and user interface are fully compatible with the new retina display Macs
• Uses industry-standard tar archiving and gzip compression
• Preserves OS X metadata of the original files, including extended attributes
• Uses 50,000 iterations of the industry-standard PBKDF2 key derivation function to generate the encryption key, which makes brute-force attacks on scrambled files practically impossible (unless the user chooses a weak password)
• Uses the secure industry-standard AES-256-CBC encryption algorithm
• Fully open and documented encrypted file format
• Scrambled files can, if desired, be decrypted in the OS X Terminal using free and open source command-line tools
• Runs in sandbox mode, a technology that vastly improves app security and is highly recommended by Apple for all Mac apps
What's new in Version 1.3
• Fixes visual bugs and adds support for dark mode on OS X Yosemite.
If you like Scrambler, please leave a review. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you in advance!
Simple and great!
This app does what it says it does: provides a simple way to scramble and descramble a file. Very easy to use and reliable. Awesome app!
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $2.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Oct 30, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coding Turtle
- © Coding Turtle
Requirements: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor