By Fasterre services-conseils inc.
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
"...every now and then an app comes along that captures our imagination..."
"Woodcraft is a great tool if you're familiar with CAD and 3D modelling."
"…Woodcraft is the measure twice, cut once app of apps…"
"...stuck in a waiting room and want to visualize your latest carpentry concept? There’s an app for that: Woodcraft..."
"...This is a useful tool not only for the professional builder but can tackle your home woodworking projects also..."
Woodcraft is designed to help professional and budding carpenters draft their next masterpiece. Combining elements of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and 3D modelling in a delightful and intuitive package, Woodcraft can tackle most woodworking projects: from decks to framing, simple furniture to backyard sheds. Woodcraft enables you to completely design your next project. Woodcraft is optimally suited to work on dimensional lumber projects.
- Shop with confidence using the fully-automated Bill of materials.
- Design in 2D or 3D and seamlessly switch between both views. Our intuitive view navigation system solves usability problems common in similar applications.
- Align, rotate and move lumber precisely with the extensive grid settings and alignment tool.
- Create your own lumber types when the app doesn't provide them by default.
- Work with rough or finished lumber. When using finished lumber, a 2" x 4" correctly measures 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" while in rough lumber mode it will measure 2" x 4".
- Measure distances and refer to the on-screen measurements when building your project. Precision can be as fine as 1/64th of an inch!
- Work in metric or imperial units.
- Use tools such as the hand saw or table saw to cut lumber graphically and precisely.
- Generate a Project Booklet, which can then be e-mailed, printed to any AirPrint connected printer or opened in any application that supports PDF documents.
- See your project overlaid on top of photographs using Photograph Mode (available as an in-app purchase).
- Transfer your projects by email or iTunes between iOS devices: Woodcraft is a universal app.
- Download and share projects with the Woodcraft community in the online gallery and gain Twitter followers in the process.
* Woodcraft does not support joinery, dados, circular, rounded or partial cuts. For these reasons, Woodcraft may not be your best choice to design fine furniture or cabinets.
* Please note that a Twitter account is not required to use Woodcraft. Only those that wish to upload to the online gallery need Twitter access.
- Available in English, French, Spanish and Italian.
* Online guides, tutorials and documentation are available only in English.
What's new in Version 2.8.1
Restores access to gallery functions that require a Twitter account...More
Great App, Great Support
Don’t be dismayed by negative reviews. This app is very useful, and designed intuitively for a touchscreen device. If you take the time to view the tutorial videos, it will give you a much needed grounding for the basics.
I drafted a project (a pretty large planter stand for my wife) in the app. When completed, I printed the project and took the bill of materials to my local lumber store. Using the views from the project printout, the finished product went together very smoothly, with no guesswork in measurements or cuts.
I did have a misunderstanding of the use of the app’s “Lumber pile”, which caused me to purchase more lumber than I actually needed for the project. I wrote to the developer in hopes of figuring out what I was doing wrong, and he promptly explained that there is also a “Scrap pile” in the lumber menu - this is where my extra wood (that I was dropping into my project, then “deleting”) was going. The extra lumber wasn’t a big deal for me, as I wouldn’t have calculated/guessed the amount correctly without the app, and it’ll be used in my next project anyway.
For me, the app was well worth the small investment. Yes, the App Store is full of free or $0.99 apps, but compared to full fledged applications on a PC, this is still a very cheap and very useful specialized tool that suits me great!
Great Idea!... Execution needs some work
I love the concept, exactly what I was looking for. That said, as an AutoCAD, MicroStation, Maya and Blender drafter for few years I found the drafting experience frustrating, I gave up on it several times. I continued to swing at it again believing that the difference is the woodworking audience and the digital building experience but even then I can't find one woodworker in my network that would build with this level of simplicity. So at this point I don't live it, I can't support it enough to tell others to use it, but I still hope someday it becomes valuable as a tool...More
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $19.99
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 01, 2017
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 28.4 MB
- Language: English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Fasterre services-conseils inc.
- © 2011-2017 Fasterre services-conseils inc.
Requirements: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top in-app purchases