By Martin Novak
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
Exif Editor is an application that allows you to edit metadata in directly your photos.
The tool is useful when you don't want to expose camera to your customers. When your RAW processor doesn't open your file because it doesn't recognise valid camera/lens combination.
In some applications, it's needed to reload metadata as they are heavily cached, for example Adobe Bridge, Lightroom or Aperture.
• Adobe Lightroom - select image, right click and in the popup menu select Metadata->Read Metadata from Files
Exif Editor now support for the following file formats
• Canon CR2
• Nikon NEF
• Olympus ORF
• Adobe DNG
• Leaf MOS
• Fuji RAF
• Panasonic RW2
• Pentax PEF
• Phase One IIQ
• SONY ARW
The following tags are supported.
• EXIF: Artist, Image Description, Copyright, Software, User Comment, Make, Model, Owner Name, Date/Time Original, Create Date, Modify Date, ISO, F Number, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Format, Exposure Compensation, Flash, Orientation, Color Space, Components Configuration, Exposure Mode, Exposure Program, Exposure Time, Metering Mode, Scene Capture Type, White Balance, Saturation, Sensing Method, Sharpness, Subject Distance Range, Lens Make (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), Lens (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), Lens Model (by exif standard, not by some makers standards), Canon specific Lens Type, Pentax specific Lens Type, Leica specific Lens Type, SONY specific Lens Type, XResolution, YResolution, ResolutionUnit
• GPS: Latitude, LatitudeRef, Longitude, LongitudeRef, Altitude, AltitudeRef, Img Direction, Img Direction Ref, DateStamp
• Canon Maker Note: Owner Name, Canon Model ID
• FUJI Maker Note: Film Mode, Dynamic Range Setting, White Balance, Shadow Tone, Highlight Tone
• Sigma RAW Maker Note: ISO
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, Copyright Notice, Contact, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, Object Name, Category, Supplemental Categories, Date Created, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-Primary Location Name, Country-Primary Location Code, Original Transmission Reference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• XMP: Serial number, Lens, Keywords, Create Date, Modify Date, Latitude, Latitude Ref, Longitude Ref, Longitude, Photoshop Date Created, Focal Length
• XMP Panorama: Use Panorama Viewer, Stitching Software, Projection Type Pose Heading Degrees, Full Pano Width Pixels, Full Pano Height Pixels, Projection Type, Cropped Area Left Pixels, Cropped Area Top Pixels, Cropped Area Image Width Pixels, Cropped Area Image Height Pixels, Source Photos Count
If you have any problem or question, please, don't hesitate to contact me via support form on the Exif Editor website.
What's new in Version 1.1.12
• Bug fixes...More
Works, but no support
When it works, it works great. Especially when you want to change (or add) something like GPS data. Or, in my case, when you want to add keywords that are permanent, instead of using Lightroom, where if you lose your catalog, you lose your keywords.
My only quibble…when it doesn’t work… don’t expect ANY support. Tried to get an answer to a simple question and never got so much as a confirmation email that he received my support request. Not. A. Single. Word. For the price, support should be there. But it’s not. I see a couple review that say support was great. Maybe it was in 2013. In 2017… notsomuch.
Great, so far!
I was looking for an application to add keywords to many, many files. I have over 138,000 images that I should have done a better job categorizing.
In some cases, there should be multiple categories.
I tested with one folder of 65 images first adding keywords “Test Exif Editor”. Batch processing was smooth and accurate.
Then, selected the same 65 again and added a new keyword to the existing one. It shows the existing greyed out and allowed me to add another.
Again, processed exactly what I wanted.
Then, selecting one photo, I modified the keyword field again while leaving the other two in tact. Flawless.
For a final test, I added “removed other two” and removed the other two keyword phrases.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $10.99
- Category: Photography (Mac)
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 1.1.12
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English, Czech, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Martin Novak
- © 2011-2015, Martin Novák
Requirements: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor