By PolyNome Ltd
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
PolyNome is so much more than a metronome! It is the premiere musician’s tool that helps you practice, create, and innovate. Created by a working musician, PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice and gigging situations.
Please note that some features are part of an in-app update (see below for details).
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click!
• Download new Presets and Playlists from the Public Library!
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Watch the built in tutorial videos to learn how to become a power user.
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer (4 channels, control of 8 assigned sounds)
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
In-app update to Pro enables all of the following:
• 150+ more sounds, including Bass and Keys
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time. One of the best apps for your toolkit!"
What's new in Version 2.3.5
As the year comes to a close I wanted to push out one more update with a few cool new features.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
- Rename option added. This much requested feature has been a long time coming. Tap a Preset in the Library, tap the Actions button and choose "Edit Features" to find the Rename option.
- Quickly change Metronome sounds by tapping the speaker button next to Met 1 and Met 2 in the Mixer.
- Auto Announce is a new feature added to Playlist Controls. When you have an "Auto Advance + Play" Playlist you'll see a new switch for "Announce Next Item". This will read out the name of each item when it loads or, if you turn on "1 Bar Before" it'll announce the item a bar early and give you a "3, 4" count into it. You can tap the gear button on any item in the list and choose to change the text that gets read out.
- AirTurn control now has a 6th Port added and the option to Pause playback.
- The Marker fader in Mixer can now use "Voice 1-X" sounds. You can use this as another way of counting through a bar.
- More dotted note options have been added to P2 of the Common Rhythms page.
- Divisions of 16th note have been added to Change Rhythm page. You can now get proper 64th note groups.
Enjoy these new features. If you feel like leaving a nice review it's much appreciated. The link in the PolyNome menu should now take you right to the review page.
I love hearing from you. If you have an interesting way of using the app that you'd like to share, questions, or comments, feel free to get in touch at [email protected]
Simply the best
As a drummer for 48 years, I've used everything from a classic wood "pyramid" metronome to the old 80's Boss Dr Beat metro. And I can tell you without any reservations, the PolyNome is the BEST metro out there! I've used the PolyNome for the last 3 years and it keeps getting better, with the continued upgrades. I've used several other "smart" metronomes and have found the PolyNome to be as complex or as simplistic as I want. It's all I use.....
Best metronome ever
This is without a doubt the best metronome app for those who dabble with complex rhythms. Only find little two bugs: 1) when I set the metronome increase/decrease markings to ‘standard’, it reverts to ‘4’ when I re open the app. 2) occasionally the metronome cuts out for a second, and then restarts. Other than these two bugs, my favorite metronome app ever!
Abundance of features from simple to complex
Great help and support
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $8.99
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 20, 2017
- Version: 2.3.5
- Size: 61.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PolyNome Ltd
- © 2011-2017 Joe Crabtree
Requirements: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top in-app purchases
- Pro Upgrade$8.99