iComics - Digital Comic Reader
By Tim Oliver
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
iComics® is a Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch that allows you to read DRM-free comics from your own collection, quickly and smoothly!
"Highly customizable and polished" -The Best Apps for Reading Comics on Your iPad, MakeUseOf, 2015
"Attractively designed" -Best Comic File Readers, AppAdvice, 2015
Supporting all of the major comic formats, iComics makes it extremely easy to import comic files onto your iOS device and start reading them straight away!
* Supports all of the major comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, LZH, LHA, EPUB, PDF).
* Collections for organizing sets of comics.
* Hot jumping directly from one comic to the next.
* Super smooth scrolling when turning pages.
* Comics can be imported from your PC via iTunes, or from other apps on your iOS device (Such as Dropbox, or Safari).
* Comic files are never modified or destroyed (So you can get them back off your device whenever you want!)
* A slider that lets you jump between comic pages quickly.
* Comics can be read from left-to-right, or right-to-left (Great for Eastern comics)
* Page zooming can be set to reset every time a page is turned, or locked to the same scale across all pages.
* Extra wide comic pages can be split up and treated as two separate pages.
* Many sharing settings including being able to email, print or locally save individual pages!
iComics requires iOS 7.0 or higher
Supported hardware includes:
* iPad (2 and above)
* iPhone (4 and above)
* iPod touch (5th Gen)
* Adding bookmarks.
* Integrated Dropbox, WiFi and web browsing for importing comics.
* Integrated comic metadata editing.
* The ability to extract nested archives.
* Being able to crop/format comic covers.
Follow 'iComicsApp' on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook for updates!
What's new in Version 1.4
- Support for iPhone X.
- Support for the 10.5" iPad Pro.
- Various bug fixes and minor performance updates.
Good comics reader; Great manga reader
I use another app for western comics (mostly out of habit), but I'm migrating all my manga reading over to this one. There's a lot of nice touches once you explore the settings, like numbering the pages right-to-left if you turn pages that way.
Dual page view would be nice, but since you can control the page turn animation by hand it's not really an issue. Just do it slowly if a splash page is divided.
Exactly what I needed
I’d been searching for an app that would let me load my own .cbz files. This app does that quite simply, and also has a few tricks up its sleeve. For example, ‘Zoom Lock’ makes it so swiping up or down doesn’t close the image like it would in the Photos app. It’s a well polished viewer for manga that I didn’t know I needed, but now I can’t live without.
Good Reader Importing Difficult / Buggy
Batch copying to app from iTunes or iCloud results in missed imports. If you import more than 10 some may be missed. Not sure but looks like a bug.
iCloud section constantly crashes in app.
Great reader though once you actually import anything.
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $1.99
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Tim Oliver
- © 2012-2017, Timothy Oliver. "iComics" is a registered trademark of Timothy Oliver in Australia, pending other countries.
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.