Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day
By Fifth Star Labs LLC
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
2014 Apple Design Award Winner
A star app has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
“The perfect companion for helping you find the stars…”
“Beautiful and informative…a treasure.”
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's interactive experience makes learning your way around the sky intuitive and fun.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. Sky Guide works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
- 3D Touch: Peek and Pop previews of articles from Search. Quick actions from home screen app icon.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders (now enhanced with 3D Touch).
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Sky Guide SUPERMASSIVE. This extensive add-on gives you access to incredible high definition zooming, 50× larger star and deep sky catalogs, and exclusive cinematic tours. SUPERMASSIVE includes a free two-week trial followed by an auto-renewing annual subscription. (See In-App Purchases section for the price available in your country. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your account settings after purchase.)
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
What's new in Version 6.2.2
This is Fifth Star Labs with a QST...
Sky Guide now includes a bunch of popular radio satellites used by amateur radio operators.
Spread the word, Hams!
Over and out.
I really love this app. I can sit inside or go outside and see the stars whether the sun is out or the clouds are thick. I love being able to track the sun's path across the sky and really see the relationship between the sun and moon that causes the moon's phases.
Another thing I really enjoy is being able to see the 'shape' that gives a constellation it's name. Sometimes it still doesn't make any sense but it's better than it was!
I was at my sister's house in another state about 10 hours' drive south if here and I was able to show her the stars in her sky!
Definitely worth getting the app 🌙🌞⭐️
I was invited to make a review, so here goes: I have been a StarGuide user for quite a while, and use StarGuide to locate comets ( which are not too dim) with my heavy 20 power Orion binoculars.(Edit- The sky pointing is mostly accurate,not perfect but stars, planets, and an occasional satellite (including ISS) appear as noted by the app.) App support is excellent. I e-mailed the developer about an issue and the next day I got a reply and issue resolved. I don't have a telescope, just the Orion binos so the upgrade would be sort of overkill. StarGuide is first class, and if you need more objects to explore it looks like the 'SuperMassive' add on should have you covered....More
I love this app!
This app is amazing! I love going out at night and finding the names of stars I've grown up looking at. I'm also pleasantly surprised to find I can read up on many of them with this app. There are so many cool things I'm finding with this, I have no regrets about downloading this app at all! I recommend that any science fan or anyone who just likes looking at the night sky get this app!
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $2.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 6.2.2
- Size: 175 MB
- Language: Apple Watch: Yes
- Seller: Fifth Star Labs LLC
- Seller: Fifth Star Labs LLC
Requirements: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top in-app purchases