Smart Converter Pro 2
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
The fastest video converter on the App Store with movie and TV show metadata, subtitles, folder monitoring and batch conversions. Smart Converter Pro 2 has it all.
It’s so easy to use - just drag your video or audio files onto Smart Converter Pro, select an output preset and convert. Smart Converter Pro analyses your files and only converts the bits that need to be converted. This means less waiting and top quality conversions.
The Pro Difference
Smart Converter Pro offers a bunch of amazing features to make your conversions quicker, smarter and more convenient:
* Folder monitoring - convert anything that hits your monitored folders
* Movie and TV Show info - automatically add key info about your movies
* Subtitles - include subtitles, add external subtitles and even load subtitles from the web!
* Audio tracks - include any or all of the audio tracks in your movies
* Batch processing - queue up and convert as many files as you like in one go
* Set destination - you decide where you converted files go
* Decide whether to send converted files to iTunes
Why So Smart?
When you drop a media file into Smart Converter Pro and choose a conversion type, it immediately analyses your file and works out what needs to be converted.
In many cases neither the video nor the audio need converting. In some cases just one or the other need converting, and in a few cases both will need converting.
Smart Converter Pro only converts the parts of your movie that need it and leaves the rest alone. This makes Smart Converter Pro faster that every other converter while maintaining the highest possible quality video an audio in the converted movie.
Awesome Workflow Support
Smart Converter Pro has been optimised to not only provide the fastest video conversions possible, but to simply your life also.
This is done by combining powerful automation features which work seamlessly together.
Here's how it works:
- Folder Monitoring: tell Smart Converter Pro which folders it should check for new downloads
- Metadata lookups: Smart Converter Pro will automatically pull in artwork and movie/show descriptions
- Subtitles: set your language preference and if the movie or TV show is in a different language Smart Converter Pro will pull in the required subtitles. Really.
- Send to iTunes: Once all the magic is done, Smart Converter Pro will add your file to iTunes, ready to watch on AppleTV or sync to your iOS devices
Give the Smart Converter Pro workflow a try and simplify your life.
What's new in Version 2.4.0
New outputs for the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and Apple TV 4K.
Support for the HEVC codec.
Fixed a bug in the manual meta-data search.
Other bug fixes.
Has never failed me
I use this app at work to convert the varioius video files people who have PCs send me so that I can play them within PowerPoint on my Mac. It has gotten me out of some tight, last-minute situations right before a big presentation. So far, everything I've thrown at it it has converted. Also, it seems to be really smart in that when it is a simple means of changing how the underlying information is wrapped, it does the conversion in a few seconds. Very impressive.
Update: I've been using this app for years now. I bought a version for home because it just works. No need to waist any time when converting a file. Drop it in, select the destination format and off it goes. The cost is more than worth the time saved. Also, the ability to convert any file placed in a designated folder, convert, load to iTunes and clean up after itself is awesome.
Decent, but not as comprehensive as it could be
Converting is notably easier and faster than v1, and it has rocksolid stability. Integration of Notifications is a nice touch. Fact is, the application was already very well thought out, and the revisions add finesse to an already easy-to-use application. The app is relatively small, tightly written, and easy to use.
Use of different subtitle types is limited, and sometimes, a batch conversion is botched by something as simple as an .mkv prefix. As result, I find myself using Handbrake and Handbrake Batch a lot more than Smart Converter Pro.
I have too many audio files in WAV or AIFF form, and they occupy too much space on the hard drive. Using this app, I can choose one or many files, drop them into the app window and walk away while they are converted to MP3. Saves me hours of time and gigabytes of storage. Love it!
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $14.99
- Category: Video (Mac)
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 20.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ShedWorx
- © 2015 Systemic Pty Ltd
Requirements: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor