NOAA Radar Pro: Weather Alerts
By Apalon Apps
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
NOAA Radar Pro is a powerful yet easy-to-use weather station right on your device. Real-time animated weather radar images on a highly interactive map enhanced with severe weather warnings and alerts won't let bad weather take you by surprise!
* Get a push notification whenever an alert is issued (tornadoes, flood warnings, snow storms, and more) without opening the app!
* Radar and Satellite overlays show real-time rain, snow, mixed precipitation, and cloud cover in high resolution and vivid colors.
* Rain map provides rain forecast for the range of next 24 hours right on the terrain map.
* Snow depth map. Get local and global view of current snow layer.
* All National Weather Service watches, warnings, and other alerts are shown on the map as interactive polygons covering the territories they're active for. Tap one to get the full alert text.
* Detailed weather info for locations includes current conditions, 24-hour and 7-day forecasts, plus active alerts for practically any location in the USA.
* Hurricane Tracker displays past and current positions of tropical storms along with their forecasted path.
- Notification Center Widget. Get access to the current temperature, today’s Min and Max, weather forecast for the coming hours, with a single swipe
- Tropical storms & hurricane tracks with forecast right on the map
- Choose the number of frames, animation speed, set opacity for radar and satellite overlays
- Easy location search. Search by name, or just long tap any spot on the map to get detailed weather for it
- Bookmarks. Quickly switch between your favorite spots to see the weather there
- Background maps: standard, hybrid, satellite
- Precise weather data from the nearest weather station
- 24-hour and 7-day weather forecast for any location you choose
- Current and "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
- Chance of precipitation, humidity
- Pressure, wind speed, and visibility details, dewpoint info
- Sunrise & sunset time
Take your weather watching to the next level. Track the latest weather activity in smooth high-definition. See what weather is coming your way, and keep you and your family safe.
Radar images are available for the United States (Continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico), Canada, Australia, European Union (the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Italy (western), Denmark (southeast), Poland (western), Czech Republic, Austria (northwestern), Japan.
Rain map, satellite images and detailed weather info is available worldwide.
Hurricane tracker provides Pacific and Atlantic coverage.
NWS watches, warnings, advisories – the USA only.
What's new in Version 3.20
– iPhone X ready – interface tailored for the brand new iPhone X
– Performance and stability improvements for flawless work on iOS 11
– NOAA Radar Pro is now available in Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.
Thank you for your continuous support and comments! Do not hesitate to share your feedback with us via [email protected]
Flexibility to configure forecast timing
I used very effectively this app 2 years ago to predict the raining periods in Orlando’s theme parks, looking at raining trends real time within 40 minutes before to current time. This helped me determine whether staying indoors or outdoors, helping me enjoying the parks to the fullest. However, current version does not allow me to see the 40 minutes time frame, instead a fixed 24 hours. Now, I cannot determine whether staying indoors or outdoors effectively, as it is not precise and accurate enough for short time frames. I will be disappointed if the usual use I had is not reestablished. I have tried too many times the configuration settings without success. If problem is solved, I will give 5 stars back to the app....More
Generally good although some glitches
Generally very accurate. However in the
last few months there have been a few times when current conditions (temperature,rain) have been off even when I have hit update. (Temperature by over 10 degrees; showing dry when it is raining.) I don't know what is going on with that as I never had trouble in past years. I do like the ability to use the worldwide map and the alerts are very helpful here in tornado alley.
The worst. Completely inaccurate.
Download if you really want to have an app tell you it’s sunny with 0% chance of precipitation while it’s actively raining. Or snowing, as it currently is. It’s useful for not having ANY idea there’s a weather watch for your area. Finally deleted this lemon. It was just always wrong. Might be great if you live somewhere with no actual weather.
(Response to developer... the place where your app is completely, utterly useless in my experience, exactly as in the instances detailed above, is Lincoln NE. We just had two days of snow totaling 3” while your incompetent app said ‘clear’ or ‘cloudy’ and never mentioned our Winter Weather Advisory.)
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $4.99
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 3.20
- Size: 96.2 MB
- Language: Apple Watch: Yes
- Seller: Apalon Apps
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.