Speak & Translate: Translator
By Apalon Apps
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
Speak & Translate is an indispensable voice and text translator that allows you to communicate effectively in any corner of the globe.
EXCELLENT TRANSLATION OPTIONS
* Works OFFLINE. Have no Internet connection? Translate text offline between 10 languages: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
* Apple Speech Recognition Technology support - real-time voice recognition significantly enhances the speed of your translations
* 117 languages for text translations
* 54 languages for voice translations
* Language detection for text-to-text mode: if you don't know what the language of the source text is, select Detect language from the language list.
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
Simply speak to your watch and get your speech instantly translated wherever you are! Enjoy voice translation in 40+ languages.
GREAT USER EXPERIENCE
* Built-in offline voices: reduce Internet traffic usage and translate even quicker
* Multitasking option for iPad: translate simultaneously while working in other apps via Split View function
* 3D Touch support: hard press on the app icon to quickly send text for translation
* Translation history always at hand: access previously made translations through Spotlight search results
* Useful widget that saves translations and serves as an offline phrase-book
* Handoff feature: translate without interrupting your session - switch from your iPhone to your iPad (or vice versa)
* iCloud integration: the history of your translations is synchronized across all your Apple devices
* Translate in portrait or landscape mode
* Voice settings: choose male or female voice and its speed.
Parts of service translated by Microsoft™. Parts of service translated by Google Translate™.
Offline translations are supported for text to text mode only. The languages available offline are: Chinese (Mandarin), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.
Speech to speech translations are supported between the following languages: Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch (The Netherlands), English (Australian, Canada, India, UK, US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Spanish (Mexican), Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
Speech to text translations are supported between the following languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Filipino, Icelandic, Latin, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Serbian, Slovenian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu.
Text to text translations are supported between 117 languages, to check out the list of languages please visit Developer Website Link (http://www.apalon.com/speak_and_translate.html).
For complete access to all Speak & Translate features, you will need to allow access to the following:
*Location – so that automatic language selection can be enabled for your host country when traveling.
*Microphone & Speech Recognition – so that speech-to-speech translations will work.
*Notifications – so that you can keep informed about new app features and interesting language facts.
What's new in Version 4.1
- iPhone X ready: enjoy the optimized interface tailored specifically for the screen of your brand-new device.
- Good news for Apple Watch owners: we gave a revamped look to Speak & Translate on WatchOS 4 to bring you even better user experience.
- Take advantage of the common language list for voice & text translations: there's no need to switch between translation modes in search of the language you need.
Quality could be better, but still works wonders!
I use this app to test my Mandarin. There are many times it works well, but I have found that even my Chinese friends will sometimes get really weird translations even when they are pronouncing things right. But this app is still helpful! For example, I was in an airport once and met a couple who only spoke Arabic and was able to use this app to help them find their connecting flight and explain the delays. She couldn’t actually understand the words, but she could read the translation just fine. If we could get some more accurate native speaker translations, that would be great. Other than that, good job!...More
Super useful, both for translation on the go and learning a new language
I first purchased the app to navigate my way around Brazil without knowing how to speak Portuguese, and it helped me on the fly several times. Now that I'm learning the language, I use it to help me study and to learn new phrases. I like how it allows you to slow down the audio so you can really hear the pronunciation. Highly recommended!
So complicated to use
I downloaded this app before I went to China. It was useless. It was so hard to use it’s very hard to delete phrases, and when asking about wine it translated “when would you like your mail picked up”? The waitress started laughing and when I looked down to the translation I knew why. She had no idea what we were asking. A total waste.
I was trying to use English to Mandarine Chinese. You really need to come up with a way to just be able to swipe left to delete. It is so hard to get rid of a phrase that you’ve used prior. App just isn’t user friendly.
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $19.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 84.4 MB
- Language: Apple Watch: Yes
- Seller: Apalon Apps
- Seller: IAC Search & Media Europe Ltd.
Requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.