Folder Designer - Create Custom Folder Icons
By FIPLAB Ltd
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon to download this content for Free
-- Create Beautiful Custom Folders on your Mac --
Folder Designer is the coolest and easiest way to customize Folders on your Mac. We’ve made this app perfectly simple to use so that anyone can give their Folders a totally unique appearance.
• Customize your Mac’s folders with a unique new icon or pattern
• Choose from a large selection of pre-installed icon images within the app
• Ability to add any image/pattern of your choice to a Folder
• Ability to edit the icon/pattern scale to allow a perfect fit according to your tastes
• Auto center/auto fit an icon or pattern
• Ability to position the icon using the mouse to exactly where you want
• Change the background colour to one of your choice
BENEFITS OF FOLDER DESIGNER:
• Instantly create Folders on your Mac that are entirely unique in appearance
• Have Folders that feature either a unique icon, pattern or even a different background colour than the regular blue shade
• Folders can be easily distinguishable and identifiable on your Mac directly by appearance
• An extremely easy app to use offering infinite customization possibilities
• Regular free updates
We've worked hard to make Folder Designer as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
What's new in Version 1.5
- Bug fixes...More
Definitely Worth It!
I recently discovered this nifty little app and am loving it. I remember back in my PC days I had something similar and I wanted something like this for my Mac. It is easy to use and effective (most of the time). I’ve only had a few instances where the image or pattern I chose to customize the folder with would not take. Not sure why. Sometimes it takes a couple of times to make it show up and stay. I also noticed that when using a custom black/white icons they must be in high resolution, otherwise it looks distorted or jagged/pixelated.
A few things that would be great to add on to this is perhaps some sort of folder outline or glow effect. I mention this because when I use a full image over the folder, sometimes it looks more like an oddly cropped picture than a folder. If that folder happens to be against an intricate background/desktop wallpaper, like a fractal image, it can be very hard to see. Also, the colour overlay is great and all, but it would be nice if it would allow you to change the folder’s colour scheme (background), rather than drowning the whole image or pattern in a single colour (foreground).
All-in-all, I really like this app! Great job!
Extremely useful, even better with some tweaks
This app has been wonderful. It helps me identify folders at a glance, and it makes a big difference in my ability to quickly navigate a fairly large development machine. Customizations don’t propagate via Dropbox, however, so I’ve had to repeat using Folder Designer on all of my DropBox-connected machines to get the designs. to show up everywhere.
One huge change I’d make: once I’ve chosen the pattern and background I want, allow draggin and dropping a folder onto the interface to customize the folder, rather than requiring navigation through my document hierarchy to that folder using the OPEN box.
Sensationally easy to find your active projects on desktop
I love this. It has project management so much easier. I am a journalist, a health care provider, and serve on a number of community boards and projects.
Very quick to target vital data and research for easy access, and I love the ability to custom select icons, images etc. for identifying different ones. Love the custom colors which let me group and cluster files for a more “holographic” instant view and find.
New version even slicker, faster, easier.
Customers Also Bought
- Mac App Store Price: $2.99
- Category: Utilities (Mac)
- Updated: Apr 28, 2016
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: FIPLAB Ltd
- © 2016 FIPLAB Ltd
Requirements: OS X 10.8.4 or later, 64-bit processor