Through the Ages
By Czech Games Edition
Click on "Download Now" button under Icon or Open AppAddict app on iDevice to download this content for Free
The official adaptation of Vlaada Chvátil’s strategy classic, the second best board game ever according to the Board Game Geek website.
“If you are looking for a civ game, this is the game! This is one of the best games of all time.” – Tom Vasel, The Dice Tower
“Through the Ages is simply phenomenal.” – Drew Massey, Giant Fire Breathing Robot
This is your chance to make history. You begin with a small tribe. As you expand your farms and mines, you lay the groundwork for technological advancements, better governments, and grand wonders. Your military might supports your political skill as you guide your civilization to greatness.
- One of the greatest board games of all time.
- Hundreds of cards to build a mighty civilization.
- Many paths to victory.
- Manage your resources carefully.
- Learn the game rules with a funny and engaging tutorial.
- Compete with your friends online or on the same device.
- Defeat clever computer opponents of various skill levels.
- Play with the original board game rules or a streamlined digital version.
- Enjoy single-player Challenges requiring different strategies.
Czech Games Edition has produced over 20 board games and expansions, including many award-winning titles for enthusiastic players: Alchemists, Dungeon Lords and Tzolk'in to name just a few. We expanded into the realm of digital board games with Galaxy Trucker and now with this Through the Ages adaptation.
What's new in Version 1.5.1
- Science and resource costs are now displayed with discounts.
- We hunted down a bug that occasionally caused a crash after finishing a challenge.
- Adjustment for AI players difficulties.
- Our favorite the hardest difficulty AI was taught few new tricks.
- Stability of multiplayer games was improved even more.
- Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused illegibility of some texts.
- And as always, few other minor improvements and bug fixes.
I was looking for a turn-based strategy game that I can play for 10 minutes at a time, or keep me entertained on a long flight, and this fits the bill perfectly. I thought it was a bit too challenging at first, even on “easy” games, but now that I have the hang of it, I win about 25% of the time, which keeps me coming back for another try.
The game offers a ton of variation. You can try numerous strategies, the AI isn’t predictable, and the variety of cards make every game unique.
My only wish is that the easy mode was a little easier, especially for a first-time player.
Bought the app to teach me how to play
My husband loves board games. I enjoy them as long as I understand them. The rules to this game confused me resulting in the game sitting on the shelf for over a year. This app continues to teach me new strategies and techniques without the frustration of having my husband tell me I am too slow. Once I understand it completely I will kill my husband while playing. Takes the frustration out of learning (to an extent as it took me two days to beat easy). Addiction and fun as all board games should be!...More
Amazing but multiplayer needs to work on cellular
This app is brilliantly designed and makes playing this game with friends an absolute joy. It is by far the best app board game I’ve ever played.
The support for the app is also fantastic. There is a current issue where the multiplayer doesn’t work over IPv6 which is affecting myself and I’m sure other users - but they have let me know they are working on it and expect a fix soon.
Customers Also Bought
- iTunes Price: $9.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 15, 2017
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 123 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Czech Games Edition
- © 2014 Czech Games Edition
Requirements: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.